911 CDC bow tilt/trim switch wiring

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Snow

Reaction score
Okay, my front tilt/trim switches don't work. The shift-lever and the engine-mounted ones do. The wires are connected. I've tried removing the wires and manually shorting them, but still no luck (so the button switches aren't the issue). Anyone know where these wires go from the bow? I obviously need to find the other end of the wires (and hopefully a blown fuse). It's a 1999 911 CDC. Hull ID BUJ18343C999

Mike, they will run down a conduit in the middle of the boat, (hopefully, I have heard of a 911 where the wires were just lain on the bottom of the hull, in the wet area or bilge trough) but anyhow, they should come into your main switch panel and over to the shift lever from there. I believe they run in parallel. Try the back of the main panel first to see if you have a loose connection there. I had that happen once, but just the opposite. The motor switch stopped working which made putting the motor saver on while alone, a real ordeal. Good luck, let us know what you find.

BUT, those are the ones that feed the livewell and bilge pumps. AND, that's there the livewell and bilge pumps are located.

I won't argue that water-tight connectors might have been a good idea, but when I'm trying to track down an electrical problem, I want to see both ends of the wire. To do that AND allow for plug-and-replace ease, you have to have the connection near the pumps In the end, your wires will lay in the depressed bilge area.

Does the bow switch set run off the same set of wires as the console switch? The word "parallel" above confuses me. In simplest form, you have two wires (pos and neg), with a break in the positive (normally) that makes a switch. So, are you saying that these switches run in a series (same set of wires) or that TWO sets of wires run to the trim motor, one to the console, one to the bow (each with a single switch)?

Yes, I realize that up/down isn't simply two wires, but i'm trying not to confuse myself.

I don't know if this will help or not, but....

I ran into a similar problem on our last trip out. The "Down" switch wouldn't work, but the "Up" switch did. When I pulled the panel, I discovered that one of the wires wasn't plugged into the connector very securely. I also saw a SECOND set of wires which weren't connected to anything.

It may be that someone got back there and either reversed the wires, didn't connect them tightly, or that a completely unconnected set is plugged into your trim switches.

Latest posts

Back