911 CDC 225 opti max speed???

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Snow

Reaction score
Anyone out there got a 911 CDC with a 225 (opti would be nice)... what's your max GPS speed and what prop do you have? I've got a 23p tempest (yeah, I need a 25) and get 63 with one plug removed (from the prop). I'm seeing people talk about the 901 with a 200 pulling 70+ and I see NO reason why that exra foot and 25 hp would not do as well or better. I FULLY believe it's my setup. I raised the motor a quarter inch or so last night, but haven't gotten it back on the water.

You should get hit the mid 60's with a 225 on the 911. I've got a 901 with a 200 Opti and the BEST I've ever had that boat was 68 (GPS).....of course the speedo is buried at 75MPH +...and that's NOT accurate.....I can expect 65-68 out of my 901 with a full tournament load and I'd say the 911 is going to be about the same...it is heavier than a 901 too....just a guess though.

Mac

Your hull is wider and much heavier with the weight displacement configured entirely different. This equates to much more drag. Don't get caught up in "the need for speed", comparing apples to oranges. You have an awesome boat and rigged with a 225 Opti, 10" setback (man. or hyd.) and a 25" Trophy (two plugs out) should give the best performance, GPS'ing steadily around 65-67mph depending on load (fuel amt., gear, occupants). I've gotten up to 68.6 mph running very light and not tourney rigged. I see you have a '99 hull. Do you have the pad relief vent, incorporated into most 2000 models up? If not, you may wish to stay with the 23" Tempest which will restrict top end. I've ran this hull in different model years and multiple motor configurations and found it to be the best overall hull in the 9 series line. It is not the fastest hull, but it will keep you comfy and dry when the other guys are trimmed down, trying not to spear 3 footers while you cruise effortlessly accross them at 55+mph. I hope this helps. Good luck!

I have no idea what the pad relief vent is. Can you elaborate?

Also, I looked at the 2003 model and I like some things better about it. They took the floor livewell in front and converted it to a cooler. :( I like the 3 livewell idea, not that I can fill up one, but it allows me and the co-angler to have a bass livewell and if I happen to catch some cats (on spinnerbaits), I can put them in the catch and eat livewell where they won't stab the bass. Besides, that front livewell has that big covered area where I can load it up with baitfish and crawdads to fatten up my catch before the scales :).

If you have the model with the cooler in the floor in front of the consoles, do you still have the cooler under the passenger seat?

In 2001 the third livewell was converted to a floor cooler in addition to the under seat. The pad relief is a 2" vent by a bronze through hull fitting just aft of the pad allowing exhaust gas and cavitated water to escape creating a quicker bow drop. You'll know you have it by the black 2" through hull fitting on the cap next to the spalshwell.

Mike the vent relief is a opening that goes from the bottom of the hull and comes out near the remote oil fill on the 9 series boats . The reason that this was incorporated into the 9 series Hulls was according to my dealer was that due to the fact that the lager hulls were having a hard time breaking the

I don't blame you . The only reason I spent the bucks on that cover is that there are not any shops here in Jersey that would be able to make a cover for a Bass Boat . More than half of them wouldn'teven know what a bass boat was. Also I like having a cover that allows me to leave the seat posts in place

Mike,

I have the vent kit on mine as well. Let me know if you need any measurements.

Hmm - I kinda like the idea of the coolr instead of live well in the front... I use it as a trash can to be honest...

Latest posts

Back