898 Install

• Thread starter Travis Blankenship
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Blankenship

Reaction score
Just bought me a 898. I was trying to install everything today but I have a few questions. The first thing is I am missing some pieces. I need the clicker assembly to mount the transducer. I have the plate that you screw on the boat and the plastic piece that fits inside the bracket. What I am needing are the pieces that mount the transducer to the plastic bracket. I talked to the company I bought it FF from and they said to call humminbird. I am hoping that it is not too much trouble to get the pieces I need. I hope I am explaining myself good.

Also, where is the best place to mount the transducer on an 05 Nitro NX882. Thanks for the help

For your hull style and performance capability, it is best to mount the SI transducer above the hull bottom and install a 2D transducer inside the hull for shoot-thru.

If you have a jackplate, that is the most common location for the SI transducer.

The included transom mount transducer is the "standard" for applicaions world-wide. Your bass boat is not a "standard" application.

For attaching the HDSI transducer to the jackplate there is a custom mount by Transducer Shield and Saver designed for your jackplate brand/model and your hull. Call them.

If you don't want the additional cost of that mount ($130 range), you can attach the transducer directly to the transom. If you send me a picture of your transom on the right side of the motor at the hull bottom level, I will edit the picture with the recommended location.

You can also invent some other way to attach it to a jackplate at a lower cost.

A holeshot plate mount is one of the best performing setups also

It is difficult to recommend a particular attachment method without knowing what your set up is.

[email protected]

Travis B,

I am not sure what you are meaning by the clicker assembly. There are only three parts to the transducer assembly: the metal mounting bracket, the black plastic mounting arm that fits inside of the metal bracket and the transducer. There should have been a hardware pack that has the nuts and bolts to put these together with.

Greg Walters at Humminbird

Greg

I figured everything out. In the instructions is shows to put what they called a clicker in between the transducer and the black plastic mounting arm. But I figured out that instead of the clicker gear that they just use what I would call a star washer. My mistake. That was my stupid moment of the day. Thanks

The transducer installation instructions show several transducer mounts.

The plastic "clicker" washers are used with the smaller size transducers like the Compact SI transducer and the transom 2D transducer.

The instructions you should have followed should have been the one for the HDSI transducer.

Latest posts

Back