896 Purchase

• Thread starter Carlos Hathcock III
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos Hathcock III

Reaction score
Afternoon all!!

I am lokign at buying a 896 from Cecil. I am movign up from my 170TF. Teh main reason is that I would like, (I say need but the wife disagrees with me, a better riding baot for the Potomac River. My 170 does well, until the waves get up to a couple feet, then it a bit of a long ride back.

So, I have tried to do some reasearch on the 896 and not too many postings. What do you all think? Good trade up?

Thanks in advance

Carlos

PS Now have a 170TF that looks almost new for sale :)

The 896 is a good boat, at almost 20 ft it will handle a little bigger water than the 170. My past 896 was a fast boat which was sold to another member of this site. Lot more storage. If the price is good you will be happy. Good ride, good speed, lots of room.

Good luck

Carlos,

I bought a used 896 a couple of years ago - I moved up from a 16" Skeeter. I absolutely love the 896 - It's fast, rides good and there's plenty of deck room. I fish the Potomac too and it handles the big water great.

with all you guys fishing the potomac, just maybe one of ya' would let me follow ya'll around! i have a fishers of men tourny the 28th of june. never been on the river! any help would be great! hey tox, jump in could use the help!

Carlos,

I think the 896 would be a great boat (buy tox's 929), but are there any other options (buy tox's 929), I mean there are a lot of boats out there (buy tox's 929), but if Cecils bat is in good shape I'd go for it (buy tox's 929), BTW, did I tell you I was taking a marketing class, LOL!!

KB, gonna defer to Carlos on the mighty Potomac, I don't guide there enough to help. With this rain it's probably one big muddy log jam!!

TOXIC

Hey Carlos, I ran the 170 dc for a number of years and noe I run the 190 TF and let me tell you that any time you can add feet to the length of your boat you will get a better ride out of your boat!! The 896 would be a great improvement as far as ride and speed go.

just my .02!!

Tight lines dude!!

Tim

With all this rain I get the Potomac on Sunday.. Since nobody seems to want to fish the warm side of Anna...?

BF

We gotta get a response from Bill on whether or not he will "host" us. Remember, it is private over there and you just can't put in and go. As soon as he gives the word, I will be glad to organize the event. I'm ready!! We gotta get it going before the real warm weather hits or that side turns into bathwater. I've seen it in the high 80's. Poached fish!! Once I get the go ahead, I'll post for attendence, Bill didn't want any more than 10 boats, and we'll set a date. Ball is outta my court!!

TOXIC

Loansharx,

Go to my library or the swap and sell board. Double click the "M" next to my name then either link or library, both have pics.

TOXIC

I have had an 896 with a 200 Merc EFI for 2 1/2 years, and I have loved it every minute. With a full tank (48 gallons in the rear) and fully loaded, the hole shot can be a little slow, but I fish a lot of tournaments and very few people ever pass me running up/down the lake. You will not regret it.

Dewey,

Thanks for the information. Think a 150 will be ok?Looking lots better just need to get some hits on the 170TF now.

Carlos

Latest posts

Back