24V BATTERY ?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Azbell

Reaction score
I need help. I have a minnkota maxxom 74 trolling motor. It is a 24v. I have two batterys, but I dont think they are both hooked to the motor. I checked the cables. Each battery has its own set of cables going to the fwd plug. It is a four prong plug, with one cable going to each prong on the female side. but there is only two wires going to the motor from the male side, they are hooked two only two of the prongs on the male side. The motor dosent feel as strong as it should. How do I hook up my batterys for 24v to the motor? I just bought this boat used. It is a 94 nitro 185. The previous owner had just installed the motor. Please help. Thank you. Ron

When you say you have 2 batteries,...are they both dedicated to the trolling motor, or is one of them the cranking batt?? Do you have just 2 batteries back there or do you have 3? I've got a diagram I can fax you if you have access to a fax machine. It's a 3 battery hookup........1 battery is dedicated solely to the big motor and accessories.....the other 2 batteries are for the T/M,....I'd be happy to fax it to you,...holler back at your convenience!! Thanks.

Mac

Yes I do have three batterys. One is for the big motor. Unless my two trolling batterys are linked together in the female side of the plug. It is running on one battery. I checked the minnkota web site but it does'nt tell you anything about it. I dont have a fax. I'll check with my wife, she might have one at work. Thanks, Ron.

Ron:

If you don't have access to a fax, you may be able to set your computer up to receive faxes. I use a program called RingCentral that came with the machine when I bought it. If it's running, and if I'm not connected to the internet, someone can fax stuff to me at home and I can use my computer's printer to print out the fax.

Mark

Hay mac, I found a diagram on the net. I was running on one battery. Thanks for the help. You guys are great. I like this site. I just built the rod organizer that Tom posted. It came out good, Thanks Tom.

Latest posts

Back