OK it's that time again

• Thread starter Greg Gutierrez [URL]http://greggutierrezfishing.co
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Gutierrez

Reaction score
Well here I go one more time, I am ready to start my 3rd season on the Bassmaster Tour. The Elite tournament season is one of the toughest I have ever experienced the level of competition is by far the most intense you could ever experience.

Now don't take me wrong, I'm not pissin and moaning right now...I really do have a smile on my face as I type this out, I just thought that I would tell you my story because it's kind of funny.

I am supposed to leave tomorrow morning for Del Rio TX and I'm trying to get ready but have been plauged by problems one after another. So far this is how my past three weeks have been.

I have been on shift (24 hour days) as a firefighter for 17 of the past 21 days so I haven't been able to work on tackle, sponsors, vehicles and stuff like that.

My boat was delaid in production and finally made it to the rigging dept (in Springfield MO) last week and my motor finally showed up yesterday at the same location as my boat.

I have no name sponsor yet for the wrap because some one backed out of the deal at last minute. So with out a wrapped boat I am pooched, I had a dealer find out about my boat problem and offered me a loaner boat. "Gone Fishin Marine" in California is a class act place! Unfortunately the loaner was not wrapped so I couldn't use it. However they were willing to wrap the boat for me but did not have enough time.

I ended up having to borrow my old boat back, it still has the wrap on it, but required a little TLC to make sure it was going to make th e 3500 mile trip.

My truck (if any one remembers last summer in EFFINGHAM Illonios) has still not been repaired and was supposed to be out of the shop yesterday, but now they are not sure if they need to replace the turbo TODAY, and I still need to pack!

My Rods and reels for this season are sitting on a loding dock waiting for a couple of back ordered items, last night I had to break out my old stuff and service all of the reels and check all the guides on the rods.

Other than that I am ready...HAR!:lol: Hey just do me a favor if you show up to the weighins and you see me there, make sure you come over and introduce your self.
http://greggutierrezfishing.com/

Nothing like a little adversity to test your dedication:lol:

Good luck this year and hopefully get a couple of 30# sacks at Amistad to make up for the problems.

I have to hand it to you... That would get a lot of folks down beyond "depressed"... That you are hanging in there tells me a lot about "character"... Determination may not be the only ingredient needed to be a success, but it is one of them and that you have it is no question...

So, go get 'em... Take that spirit into the tournaments and you have an edge... That "guts" thing fits...

And, PS.... as a retired LEO I have nothing but awe for firefighters... You guys have more courage than anyone else on the planet...

Greg

Good Luck, I'll look for you on the Potomac this year.

Greg , Good luck hardly seems to cover it .

How about " In the face of adversity the determined shall triumph " or "When the going gets tough the tough get going" or " When your up to your chin in s#!t move slow ".:huh:

Well I know everyone here will be pullin for you, and probably a few prayers as well.

DRIVE SAFELY.

Mark Gross:)

WOW Lots of work involved but after all that I would still love to be there with ya

Good luck see you at the Potomac.

Hutch:D

WOW Greg!! keep it up, I LOVE telling folks I "know" Greg Gutz on the Elite tour!!!!

I gotta look at the Elite stops and see if I can make any of them to meet you in person!

So if you don't have a "wrapped" boat you can't run it in the Elite series??

Greg, good luck with the season and hope this bad string of luck mean nothing but good luck on the water. Kinda getting it out of the way up front. Like front loading srock purchases so that all gains are yours and not tax on the rear end!

tight lines!

Randy! :p

Hey Greg, without diversity and challenges in our lives, life would be pretty boring.

Good luck in your up coming tournaments. I will be rooting for you.:D

jeez. When it rains it pours really applies to you Greg. Good luck this season and good luck on Amistad. The big fish should be moved up!

Greg-

How do those 2 syaings go......

1. If it weren't for bad luck, Id have no luck at all...

2. What doesnt kill us, surely makes us stronger

You must be one of the strongest guys around then !!!

Good luck and I hope it turns out ok !

And, good luck this year !

Good Luck Greg,

It will all come together in the end. Hope all goes well.

Mark

greg,

good luck this year. hope to see you on the potomac again this year. i met you last year prefishing at the mouth of aquia creek. thanks for taking the time to say hey.

mike c

Have a great Tourney Greg. I would love to fish Amistad in the Spring. I watched Ish last year on that Body of water. What a Factory. I will be hitting Clear lake the week before you guy's get there.

Max <><

Greg,

Best of luck. If you are coming through Texas and need a spot to hang your hat (or store your boat for a bit), holler. I'm moving to the Tyler area, and will be living on Lake Palestine (about 60 miles from Fork).

Best to you in the upcoming Trail. I hope you do very well.

Tex

Greg, sounds like some you are working through the issues. Gone Fishing Marine is my dealer of choice out here too. They have always done great by me. I will be attending the weighin at the Delta on the 24th. Hope to see you there and meet you. Good luck. The Delta is on fire right now and it will only get better. Expecting to see 30+lb sacks.

NoCAL

Sounds like you're a busy man. Hang in there, everything will work out fine.

Good luck on tour, and keep us updated if you can squeeze us in somewhere.

Steve

That's why I have you #1 on my fantasy fishing team........You've got the constitution!! I'm sure you won't let me down!!:D:lol:

TOXIC

Hey Greg, After all this, the only way to go is up! I'll see you at Guntersvile. Good Luck! Later<>< <>< <>< <>< Jack

Greg, I'll see you at Champlain, and & Erie this year, I will be pulling for ya.

Buzz

hey all,

I had to stop in and give you a quick update. The dealership that worked on my vehicle did a cold start this morning and found out they must of missed some thing so about 10:30 I got the call to come pick up the truck. I had just run a bunch of errands in town and stopped by my mom's house to let her know I was headed out for a tourney.

When I got back in the rig and started it the dreaded "Check Engine" light came on...Holy #$^*($%#

so I went back and we talked about our options, it turns out that I am 3000 miles from going out of warrenty and my trip will be 3,500 miles there and back so you can see I was a LITTLE concerned.

The tech working with me said he would just order the part to replace it now and take care of every thing once I returned and them he said I should concider arbitration because I had a good claim.

All this just to go fishing...man the things we do to our selves.

Stay Safe all...

Have a good trip Greg....you be safe!

Mini

Latest posts

Back