2010 189 sport

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave D

Reaction score
Newbie here, just purchased new 189 sport 2010 with 150 opti. Took it out other day for first time and wouldnt start for me. I choked and primed it but would not go. Probably flooded it trying to many times. If anyone has any tips on this that would be great.thanks

mine did the same thing, dealer said to put in marine sta-bil to the gas, it removes the ethonal that gas stations put in their tanks. Now it runs fine!

I am sure you checked but just in case you did not, make sure the kill switch is in the up position. I have seen many a person crank and crank only to find kill switch pulled.

Also Opti motors should not have a choke. You can and should pump the fuel bulb but there should not be a choke. For sure check the kill switch.

NoCAL

Thanks all, turned out during my orientation, taking off the motor cover disconnected the fuel sensor. Plugged back together and started up first crank. Runs like a charm now.

Latest posts

Back