2005 Nitro 188 Sport Rescue

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butch

Reaction score
I have rescued this boat from someone who has not used it in 3 years due to health reasons. My question is about the ski pole, I removed it and found no way to put a seat in the deck fitting, is there supposed to be a screw in insert for a seat post? Thanks

Hey, Butch.

If your Nitro 188 Sport is anything like the Nitro Z19 Sport, there is a removable insert/bushing that you need when installing a seat. That insert/bushing screws into the larger hole after you remove the ski pylon and then the threaded bottom of the seat post screws into the insert/bushing. Any Tracker/Nitro dealer should be able to hook you up. You should also be able to buy one online, but, for the life of me, I don't know what the actual part is called.

Best of luck!

Thanks for the response CDN Z19S. I found the part through Day Brothers Boats/RV sales in Plattsburgh NY, what great people they are. They took the time to ensure they were looking at the correct part "Plug/key" for my hull. If you are looking for anything Tracker/Nitro related this is a great place to try.

Latest posts

Back