2003 Everstart Schedule

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
FLW just release next year's schedule. For the northern, which I'm fishing, it is as follows.

June 4th-7th in Lake Vermillion in Tower MN

July 23rd-26th is the Detroit river in Trenton MI (Mac, a little help here?)

Aug 20th - 23rd is Lake Erie out of Marblehead OH, AND........drum role please

Sept 24th - 27th is Lake Champlain out of good ole P'burgh!

These are ALL far away next year, so I may only fish 3 as I don't have enough vaca time to pre fish other than weekends. I'm thinking of dropping the MN (farthest) tourney and using that time to guide more to build up cash, and prefish the Detroit River.

Mac, can you snoop around for some maps for me and make some suggestions. Does Hotspots make one for the river? Where does the Detroit dump into? Does it meet St Clair?

Lake Erie will be much like home, and I fully intend to target smallies on the offshore shoals if the waves aren't 4 footers like the classic Woo won. What do you guys think of the schedule?

Don't worry Rob, we'll help you out. The Detroit River connects 'Clair with Erie. Hotspots makes maps of the whole river, but tourney guys rarely fish the river proper, they either run to 'Clair or go to Erie.

No, No Ken, you got it all wrong......The smart guys fish the docks right at the ramp, never even crank their motor over.....Roland Martin told me that himself....

TOXIC

About the only time Roland said something I agree with. There's more truth to that than you realize Tox. Was it Homer something or Humphrey (can't recall) but he won a BASS tourney last year at a boat launch. I can't tell you how many hogs I've caught within a stone's throw from launches. All the tourneys release there all season, and yet everyone puts in and leaves? The fish don't usually go far, just to the first available cover.

Rob,...We'll helpya as much as possible....as Ken said,..it's ALL connected water.....you can literally go from Niagra Falls, NY to Chicago, IL. without ever leaving the boat,.....we will get you set up with all the proper tubes and jigs, maps, coordinates, and techniques you'll need.....gettin' them in the boat will be up to you!! LOL

You'll have an absolute riot, if the weather is good to you.

BUT,..don't eat too much when you're here......save room for that good 'ol humble pie for dessert..ahahaha....it AIN'T Champlain here,...although a LOT of your techniques and baits will deffinetely work here......don't worry..you won't go into this tournament blind!! I really would like to see you do well....We'll help you as much as we can!!

Seeya this summer!!

Mac

Rob, whatcha think about them dropping the 15k cash for top prize and just doing the ranger boat deal?

IF ya want any cash you gotta own a ranger... What BS!

It's called "marketing"... They just started that with the Team Challenge series here in Illinois... Wanna win $$$ there's an extra $500 if the top four teams from your club ALL are in Rangers... Their argument is... They are fronting the $$$ to sponsor the tournament so they want exposure.... Guys keep showing up so... if theyt sign up and compete they must not object that much... Makes me wanna buy a Ranger... Makes me wanna compete...

Back