2 man bass boats

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Yeaton

Reaction score
Any of you guys have a 2 man bass boat type that you fish out of? Wife gave me the "ok" to get one of these once (if) the TV18 sells. (come on Trep - Becka will let you buy this!)

I've seen the BassTender ones and KL Industries sells an 11.3' with casting decks. Wondering what else is out there.

I had a basstender for about 5 years. I had that boat everywhere and abused it pretty good. I even dropped it out of the back of the truck. It hit the pavement loaded with all my gear including battery and just got scratches. Very durable and floated great, you could take a leak standing on the side of it. Been gone for 10 years and still miss it after i sold it. Clark

I also had a 10 ft. bass tender. I had a 5 hp motor on the back and a trolling motor on the front. I also had a lowrance fishfinder on the bow. Believe it or not the thing even had running lights. The funny thing is I caught more fish out of that boat than I caught in my Nitro and Triton combined. I had a little utility trailer I used to put it on or I would put it in the back of my pickup truck. Great little boat and fairly stable for it's little size. I was even crazy enough one time and fished on Lake Ontario off of Sodus Bay. Man was that dumb.

I have a 10-foot plastic boat. Made by Pelican but was marketed by Tracker back in 2000. I've modified it quite a bit by adding the fish finder and trolling motor from my PT185. With the 43# TM the little sucker moves across the water. I've fixed mine up to be a one-man boat. I actually enjoy it more than the PT185. It can get places the Tracker wouldn't even think about going. The "rudder" on the back really helps prevent the boat from turning in circles when you let off the TM.

2005_0705Image0002.JPG

2005_0705Image0003.JPG

2005_0705Image0004.JPG

2005_0705Image0005.JPG

American ingenuity at it's best I love it....................

Nice job Sam. I had one of those many years ago when I started out, but just a plain ol 2 seater. Never thought of adding all that stuff. The trailer is a plus ;)

Hey Al you are not alone. I had mine in the intercostal waterway in North Carolina. Young and dumb but never gave it a thought. I was in the Marines and really thought I was amphibious.

I had a fish finder and running lights also. I used a trailer some also. A lot easier to load and unload.

Latest posts

Back