1st salmon trip of the year

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEFF WHITE

Reaction score
we;;.the 1st trip of what i hope is many this year for salmon.leaving tonight for the great lake pf omtario,ny.pulaski area.hope the weather holds up,since they have been getting a north blow this past week.

anyone going up this weekend?bass are still there to be had.hopefully we wont resort to going for them,but if we have to,well!!!

if youre on the lake and see a starcraft islander with the name "the jackman" on the side give us a shout.we have the neighbors boat this weekend.

oh well,got to go,see everyone sunday,unless were hammering the saqlmon,then it might be staying the extra day!!!

later all!

Stay safe... that's big water...and, have fun. It's okay if you rfide in a Starcraft...but only once in a while...LOL

sorry greg,i kind of like it.hey it cant be half bad,has 2 mercs on the back!!!!

Hey Jeff,

Good luck to you. I used to make a couple of trips per year to the Salmon River in September for a little "Combat Fishing" in the center of Pulaski. We used to catch some great fish, it's to bad we had to stand elbow to elbow with 500 other fishermen. It got old fast and I haven't been there since '93. I always wanted to fish the lake around there but never got a chance.

Here's a pic of me and a buddy with some nice Salmon river Chinook's.
Sallmon%20River%202.JPG

Here is another one. I think this fish is still my largest fish to date. It's either this one or some Stripers that I've caught. It's definitely my largest "Fresh Water" fish.
Sallmon%20River.jpg

well,we didnt do too good,neither did anybody else.we had 6 on saturday,landed-0,had one at 5am hookup in 30ft water jump 5 times out of the water,then throw the hook.a friend of ours was out with the same results.saturday night we fished for a few,no releases.this morning we did 1 24lb king.a few others did a few fish this morning.we hooked 1 other one,threw the hook.

did see a few bass fisherman fishing in the bay both days.we didnt fish for them though.we didnt bring casting gear,a 4 lb smallie on 20lb downrigger rods would be slightly overkill!!

greg,what were you doing on the lake?seen a boat the same as we have on the lake,same year,with a 115 on it.4 riggers,but no kicker.sorry.seen a center console like ours,got pictures,ill have to post one for ya to see.

this is last years salmon.nice 26lb king.

there in the lower estuary,not many in the upper river.there going in the river,and going out again,too warm of a water now.guess we need a few days of cold weather now.

seen lots of them sparklies going north to ny today.seen a lot going south to pa.

oh well,come home to work on the wifes van,she broke it today.
mysalmon.jpg

I was camoflaged!!! Kicker was disguised as a fishing partner... Two of the riggers wqere fake...mine has only two... LOL

I hope you got close enough to admire aloud the man's taste in boats.

greg,sorry i didnt get a picture of the bowrider,but i got a picture of a center console boat.tracker made them until i think 94.i almost had one,but got sold out from under me.

i got close enough to look at it on the water and on the trailer.when i seen him on the lake we were a little busy trying to get fish.

i seen him before at the campsites last year.nice guy.he modified the rigger mounts from last year.

there must have been 300+ boats on the lake this weekend at 6am.it was smmoth enough a few 12ft semi-v's were out.only 1 water roach was seen,he got a very cool reception when he ran the shore around the river! no gunshots,but a lot of chatter on the radio.the park police was out chasing down the go-fast boats running toooo close to shore.they werent bothering the fisherman!

the islander performed flawlessly!ran 4 miles up the lake to fish.but we also ran another 3 miles up the lake to get to the better spot.

dont worry,i had my tracker hat with me!

center1.jpg

Back