1996 Rick Clunn 170DC

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary kilb

Reaction score
Looking at buying a 96 170DC w/ 75hp Merc. Was there any problems with these, anything to look for? Boat was taken very good care of. Also, due to melanoma, can a top be mounted on this boat? Thanks for your help.

I have a 93 170 TF single console, with a 115 Johnson, Everything works well. Merc is a great motor, make sure the lower unit is tight and hook up some muffs and make sure the water pump works good. A water test would be better. Also look at the controls or smooth operation.

For your question about a top, I have a top for mine, the person I bought it from used it when just cruisin around. The only place mine covers you is when your driving the boat,

Hope this helps you out a little.

Mark

I've got a 96 170TF (same boat pretty much, just mine's single console) and I've not had any problems at all with it. I've got a 115 Merc on mine and it will run about 55mph (GPS) depending on the load in it. It won't be a speed demon with the 75 but it will get you where you need to go.

As far as a top goes, I'm sure a bimini top can be put on it.

I too had a 95 TF 170 with a 115 rude, and the boat never let me down. Got rid of it and brought a new Z7 this year and just hope I get the same service out of it as I did the 170.

I have a 96 170dc in mint condition. I love it and have the 75 on it ( for now)

Last year I bought 3 Kistler heliums at 6'6 or 7' and neither fit in my storage ( rod locker). That really sucked but oh well. The other thing I have to do is I want to make a addition to the front casting deck. There is a 2foot square that could be added for alot more room.

Overall a good boat!

John

I had a 93 Ricky Clunn DC with a 90 Rude on it. I made a deck extension that looked like it was factory and Had the boat for thirteen years. I sold it for $2000 over book price because of the condition of both the boat and the trailer(I updated to brand new electronics) It had a Motorguide Tracker 24 volt with 45 pounds thrust and Never needed it all. I fished in the the S.D. Resivoir Systems and down South all over Iowa,Nebraska, Minn.and South Dakota.

In thirteen years I replace the rectifier on the engine and the sending unit in the gas tank. The trailer needed tires and new bunks(one time). If you know how to do it the rod boxes will swallow a seven footer. I also put gas assist openers on my lockers.

I sold it to buy my Tundra w/150 Opti. I loved that boat and wish now I'd have just kept it.

fatrap

I had a 96 170DC with a 115 Merc. on the back, I see it often and it is still great.

The new owner has had only regular mainteance items.

cq

Latest posts

Back