1995 Nitro 170DC Fuse Panel location??

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Giroux

Reaction score
This is my first post on this site. I have found a ton of useful information and thank you all for that. I just purchased a 1995 Nitro 170DC and have a few questions:

I am unable to locate the fuse panel. I do see the little red buttons next to each switch on the dash. Are these circuit breakers?

The Hummingbird depth flasher does not work. Can this be easily swapped out and can the transducer be re-used? Also, the transducer for the flasher is just laying in the bilge area, not bolted down or mounted to anything. Is this normal? The other issue is the horn does not work. I have not taken a light tester to it or the switch yet, but will be doing that soon. Is there anything I should look for? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

There is no "fuse panel"; there are individual fuses mounted in the wiring for various accessories at various spots around the boat.

The red buttons are circuit breakers.

All instruments can be pretty easily swapped out.

The transducer can be reused - IF that is NOT your problem.

The transducer should be held to the inside of the hull with silicone adhesive.

The horns never seem to work and aren't loud enough to be heard anyway. I just bought one of the spray can type at wallyworld and carried that with me.

Welcome to the world of boating! :)

me!

Congrat's on the boat, and welcome to the board.

If you replace the sonar with a newer one, of a different make, I'd change the transducer. They are not all necissarily 'swapable' with one another.

No, the transducer will not work just laying in the bilge area. It either needs to be mounted outside the hull, or epoxied to the inside of the hull. That could be why it's not working.

Tex

Chris I have the 93 version of your boat I don't think they changed much from my version need anymore help holler.

fatrap

I've got a 1996 for sale, everything works and the transducer is epoxied in the bilge. I've bought this boat new so I'm very familiar with it. It has served me well but it's time it found a new home. Congrats on the boat!!!!

Latest posts

Back