1994 Nitro Rick Clunn 160TF

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Ott

Reaction score
I am thinking of purchasing a 1994 Nitro Rick Clunn 160TF w/ a 60 HP Mercury engine. I would like to have some input on this boat. I will be using it mostly for fishing, but occassionally some light tubing or sking.

Do any of you have this boat? Will I have enough motor to get my feet wet in the boating arena, or should I go bigger? Does it handle good on the water?

I'm new to the the boating arena and would value any input that you may have. Help me make a few decesions and I'll be forever grateful.

Thanks

Jason

Jason,

Welcome aboard. I don't have any first hand knowledge of the 160TF, but I'm certain that someone will respond.

So that 'we' can answer your question effectively, let us know:

The type of fishing you do.

How often?

Number of people?

Tourneys? Recreational only? Etc.

How big are the areas that you will boat on?

Tex

Hey Jason,

I have a 160 TF, 1995 model, and I love it. I did however upgrade from the 60 to the 90Merc. Handles nice, will not take rough water like the big ones do. When I first got it, my friends laughed, and said it was too little. With today's fuel prices, a bunch of them are trying to unload the big ones and are down sizing. I do not know what it is worth, 4 years ago I paid $5500.00 for it with the 60. It was in mint shape, garage kept, looked like it just left the showroom. Hope this helps, if you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Bubby

Bubby,

When you say it won't take the rough water like the big ones, how rough are you speaking of?? Was the 60 just not enough motor or did you just want MORE POWER...!!!

Thanks for the help...

Latest posts

Back