115 Mercury 4 Stoke Query

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perry deStefano

Reaction score
I bought a new 1012 Tracker 175 V Combo with 115HP Mercury 4 Stroke. Followed the break in instructions. Looks like dealer rigged the 4 stroke himself as he gave me an owners manual with a 115 optimax user manual and not a 4 stroke, boat had wrong license number on it and I had to take change boat numbers. Dealer told me he registered my warranty on line. He also did not hook up speedometer on the back end by engine and I had to trouble shoot that so there was water running into engine compartment. Every now and then a few minutes after it first runs the engine will ring like it does when you start it. Then it goes away right away. Water is getting through the engine fine and is comming out the outtake. It doesn't appear to be overheating as it runs fine after that. I can pull tubers, ski and fish all day with it. I checked the oil and it is fine as well. I have factory warranty and extended warranty. Should I bring it in right away of have it looked at when I winterize. Obviously not bringing it to the dealer I purchased it from. Any thoughts of what it might be?

Take it in and have the codes read. If it is throwing a warning tone it is reading an error code. I do not know the 4-stroke tone pattern. Maybe Bob B. will chime in, or someone had the OM for a 4 stroke.

I also saw a wire called calibrator that was not hooked up. I assume this is what the mechanic plugs in to read it.

Latest posts

Back