Zero to Sixty?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Harp

Reaction score
Thumbing through Car & Driver magazine got me to wondering about the acceleration times of bass boats. I know most boat acceleration times are expressed in terms of hole shot or time to plane. I was wondering what is considered a good 0 to 60 for a boat. I would try timing my boat but I would have to drop it off a cliff to get it up to 60 mph.

Harpo

Harpo - One of my favorite mag's is Trailer Boats Magazine (I think for some reason Bass & Walleye boats mag is a sister publication) they do for every boat test a 0 - 30mph test. I've not seen any bass boats tested but for instance a 24.5 ft Baja (off shore performance boat) with a 375hp I/O v8 did 0-30mph in 8.0 seconds. I'd bet a fast bass boat would do it a lot quicker.

Anyone get B&W boat mag? Know if they do 0-30mph??

I'll check my times this spring, but I'll only be able get a 0 to 58mph time!!! I've only GPSed it at 60mph once, but I only get the GPS out and check it when the fishing is slow.

Bob G.

Checked another issue, they just did a 20ft Jet boat with twin 155hp jet drives, 0-30mph at just 4.6 seconds!!!

Wow... I've seen some Storm Bass Boats get up and go.

That new yellow Stratos is supposed to be over 84 mph isn't it? That's just a rediculous speed for a bass boat. Imagine nailing a submerged stump at that speed.

What someone looks like after a day at 60 mph in a bass boat.....

NeeleySelfPortrait.jpg

That's what they look like after a 1/5 of Jack and just before they try to shave some unsuspecting guest's eyebrow off!!!

60MPH??? That's just a leisurely cruise.

And I think this pic now holds the NTOWS record for being posted the mosted!!!

Latest posts

Back