Z7 best prop?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cliff Rinder

Reaction score
Just joined today and buying a Z7 tomorrow...Trying to figure out what would be the best prop for the 150 Pro Opti..Also the 6" jack plate will be going on it as well.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Cliff

Well I will let you know as soon as I can run mine I had the 24p tempest reworked by Steves custom props.I could only get 5350 on the rpm so he repitched to a 23 and put what they call a fury cut to it.Looks like Ive got the same setup as you and a buddy of mine does too and had the same thing.So I will post results.

Thanks,

From what I am finding 23 is the way to go...Let me know thanks.

I have the same setup as well, 24 Tempest and a 4" Atlas with a 4" Atlas space. It doesn't matter what combination of height and trim 61mph gsp with one person and a tank of fuel is all I can get out of it.

Mine came with a 24" Tempest +, it was a struggle but I got a 23" from Tracker Marine and in my opinion that is the correct prop for the Z7 with a 150 opti. :wub: And yes, I have a 6" jack plate. I run with 1 open vent hole and 2 large hole vent plugs, it gets out of the hole quick and only lost 1 MPH as I am now turning another 500+ RPM.

THanks for the info all. Not sure what the vent holes are. I guess on the motor lid..I cant wait, we go up tomorrow to do the paperwork... One of the reviews I read on line made it pretty clear. Running to a spot 3 miles away with a 150 vs a 200 ended up being like 45 seconds fast each way with the 200.. The opinion was that it was not worth the 3500 upgade to a 200. When the 200 was an option.

Thanks again,

Cliff

Cliff,they are talking about the vent holes in the prop.They help with the holeshot,you'll just have to see what works best for you.

Great you will love it,Im going walleye fishing this weekend I will post the results of the reworked prop.

Got my z7 yesterday. It came with a 24p prop. I am taking her out today for some break in time...cant wait...

Latest posts

Back