Best prop.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike mcmenamin

Reaction score
I will be purchasing a new tracker txw175 this spring. I have learned from experience that the props that come on the motor are not the perfect prop for the motor. I need to know what the best prop is for a merc. 75hp 4 stroke. I also want to know what is the largest diameter prop that is available for that motor.

Thanks, Mike

I'd run it first with whatever prop comes on the boat. See what it does good, and bad, then go from there.

Tell the dealer your buying the boat from you want to know what prop is coming with your motor. Also is it Aluminum or Stainless Steel. See if you have a choice. Go to the Mercury Marine website and look at what they recommend for your boat. Of course it all goes with some leeway each boat can be geared up differently. And depends on how you fish. I also recommend going over your boat , motor and trailer very closely. Take your time, bring a fishing buddy. Good luck. Enjoy your new boat.

Your boat will most likely come with a Mercury Black Max 3 blade, I would think a 17P maybe a 19P. My rig came new with a Black Max 15P, which gives me a great hole shot and a WOT speed of 35mph. I would get more speed with a 17p I suppose, but am happy with my setup. The 75hp motor is very strong and would turn a 17P prop with ease.

I have a 175 TXW but with the 60 hp Mercury. The Spitfire 4 blade does a nice job of improving the hole shot and reducing slip without killing top end speed. Actually picked up performance everywhere (Top speed slightly, Hole shot tremendously, reducing sharp turn blowouts totally). Motor is mounted 2nd hole from the top.

Latest posts

Back