Z-7 WOT RPM/Top Speed

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cody Norman

Reaction score
What are you guys getting WOT and Top Speed I am getting 5200 RPM and about 61 Mph with 2 people and full tackle and half tank of fuel. No Jack Plate.

I have the same boat as you with no jack plate either. With 2 people, full tackle, and 1/2-3/4 tank of gas, the best I get in calm conditions is 59 MPH (GPS) at about 5250 RPM's. Going with the wind, I have seen up to 61 MPH at about 5350 RPM's.

Are you also running a Tempest Plus 24p prop? I do wonder if a 23p is the better prop for this boat.

Mike

Yes I am running a 24p Temptest I am wanting to get a Fury prop they are suppose to get another 1.5 mph and I start chine at 57 pretty bad in a little wind have not tryed to ride it through yet. I am just wondering if yours does the same

Mine does chine a little when the speed gets close to 60, but it is not that bad. When it is windier, I just trim it down a bit and then the ride is fine. I would be very curious to see what kind of numbers you get with the Fury.

yes I would like to know to hopefully soon I can get one and see what the difference is

Latest posts

Back