Z-6 DRIVER'S CONSOLE RATTLE

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeff wentz

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Nitro Z-6. Last outting my driver's console began to rattle. looking underneath I see about 6 round, white plastic bolt covers. The farthest right, nearest my leg, is loose and the bolt is rattling. When I turn the plastic cover it does not tighten the bolt. Does anyone know how to tighten this bolt. The bolt head is not accesible, it is back inside the hull. The dealer put a new anti feedback steering system in last year, is it possible it got damaged then.

Yes, it is possible it was damaged then, or bouncing across the water, or going down the highway, or..... :rolleyes:

Can you remove the plastic cover to access the bolt?

Take it back to the dealer and have them check all the console bolts (under warranty). After reading lots of posts (including mine) - I can't help but think we're letting Nitro "slide" on too many warranty issues that should have been A-OK'd by Nitro QC and the dealer - in the first place. Let's make the 2013 and 2014 rigs the best on the water.

Yeah, the dealer is going to take care of it after I sent them some photos. I am amazed at how many little things have gone wrong with my NEW boat so far. Thanks for the replies as usual.

Latest posts

Back