Yesterday on Lake Anna

• Thread starter Carlos Hathcock III
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos Hathcock III

Reaction score
Morning,

Ya'all are mostly from up north and I just want you to know that you are missing a heck of a good time here in Virginia. Was a hoot yesterday on the lake. Many bass caught and the big one award goes to Toxic. Was in the 3 1/4 to 4 pound range. Nice fish! At least I was not skunked, caught more then a few, just one that was worth a picture.

I have also passed on the "launch award" to Toxic. He has the most launches of gear over the side for the day. I will let him tell you all that story (sorry Toxic, could not resist after my launching earlier in the week).

Really though, that is what this sport is all about, good friends having a good time on the lake. Thanks Scott for the teaching and hope to do it agian soon!!!

Carlos

Sounds like you guys are had a good time. Just for the record, Lake Champlain is not frozen yet!!!

Bob G.

guys,

Beleive it or not but this Canadian HAS fished lake ANNA!! i was there on day while on a work trip at Ft Belvoir (I think). I rented a pontoon and fished a few sunken trees and then near the big power plant or dam. Caught a few fish, but was hoping to find stripers....but didn't!

Pierre

Pierre,

Was in Canada a while back. Was nto able to fish any though. We were at Connaught Range, near Ottawa. Nice area and the river looks like it has lots of fish. Belvoir is probally right. It is just to the south of DC and to the north of Anna. There are lots of Army posts in the area here to.

Carlos

Carlos,

i'm actually very near the range. you must be talking about the Rideau river...lots of great fishing. yes i think it was belvoir, I've been to the are lots of times for work related issues. I visit Quantico frequently and also the Pentagon.

pierre

Pierre,

If you are able, let me know when you will be in the area again and maybe we can go out and play on the Potomac or maybe hit Anna again. I was taught some good areas and also we may find some cool gear on Anna :)

Carlos

Will do. Scott, i fly into St-Louis rarely, just to go to that other ft. where kneeley's son is going. then of course the pilgrimige to the holy land and back. I like that area, every second truck is pulling a bassboat!

But the next time i do make it there i'd like to meet ya....after all we're both part of the early adopters of this board!!

p.s. Rich...who was the first (or 1-10) to show up here ???

Pierre

I lived south of Richmond a few years back and I fished Lake Anna soon after they opened it to the public, after it filled, back in the 70s. It was loaded with small 10" fish. I guess some of those fish grew up.

Roy,

Yes they have!!!! Toxic showed me where they were at and we caught a few. He did get the big one though!!!! Nice Lake now. Remember anything about the area prior to them filling it up?

Carlos

No! I lived in Hopewell which is a little south of Richmond. I had bought a 14' fiberglass bassboat and didn't really know many good places to go. There was an article in the paper about Lake Anna opening to the public, so a friend and I went up and tried it. We had a great time catching small bass all day, but nothing bigger that about 10-12 inches.

Most of my fishing was around Petersburg and Hopewell.

Latest posts

Back