Y'all Boycottin' CITGO ?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
I am!

I will not support a commy bastard that sells us the rope to hang ourselves!:angry:

I'm with you Tee. Him callin' Bush the "Devil". Ain't that the pot callin' the kettle black?:angry:

BruceM

We have 1 Citgo station in town. I've lived here 10 yrs and have never purchased a thing there....and am not about to start.

Why punish the small guy who owns the gas station. They are just trying to make a weeks pay like all of us.

Then which dictator are you going to buy your gas from if you do boycott Citgo? It all comes from some place that would love to see the U.S. go down the tube. We don't have a Citgo (that I know of) here in OKC area so I guess I will boycott them.

I dream for the day when the most radical person that makes a buck on my fuel purchases is a Democrat corn farmer in Iowa.

Harpo

We have two Citgos' around here Ohara and let me tell you...THEY AIN'T AMERICANS!

Same with ALL Clark stations around here (4)...They're not owned by Americans and they even had the balls to put an add in the local paper that said they would not hire Americans!

WTF?

I'm not boycotting anyone, because no matter who you buy gas from, you are probably supporting some country / group / company / etc... that doesn't like us, but loves our money. However, I havn't been buying gas at Citgo lately for several reasons, even though it was the only gas card I owned.

First and foremost, is due to the fact that Wawa gas stations are going up all over the place in my location. Not only is the gas cheaper than Citgo, the selection of drinks, coffee, and "holy cow... you just gotta taste one to believe it" hoggies / subs there are so much better than 7-11 / Citgo stations. I stop there at least a few times a week, just to get a toasted Italian Hoggie and a half gallon "jug" of Lemonade Iced Tea.... for a little more than $7. What a deal! The subs are made right there, on the spot, to your specifications, and everything is ordered via computer - so they do it as you picked it, not all screwed up.

Secondly, when the gas prices were going higher and higher on a daily basis (or so it seemed), the local 7-11's were turning off all the furthest pumps from the building - I guess to deter people that were stealing gas - but it made it very inconvenient to try to fill up a truck and boat at the same time. I would have to fill up the truck, then pull forward, blocking traffic in the lot, to fill up my boat. And with the speed their pumps run, I'd have someone pissed off at me within a few minutes for blocking everything... but there was nothing I could do to avoid it.

In addition, I use my debit card at the pump a lot of times when I don't want to go inside the place - particularly on days when I have my son in the truck, as I have to take him out of his car seat, bring him into the store, wait in line, etc... if I don't do it at the pump. Well, 7-11 / Citgo stations around my house are notorious for not having their reciept machines working on the pump. You pump your gas, and when it comes time to get your receipt, it flashes a "see cashier" message on the pump. Well heck, if I wanted to "see the cashier", I would have went inside to begin with! I've never had that problem at Wawa. The machines there have always worked for me.

So skip Citgo - and go to Wawa... and order a hoggie while your gas is pumping. You will thank me later. :lol:

All the best,

Glenn

I go to Sheetz when I can. $1.92 a gallon for regular unleaded. Now that's what I call a price. Forgot to take the gas cans with me! LOL

Bill,

Thats the problem in this country... Everything is going to Sheetz! Oh, wait, never mind... you were talking about a gas company! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

All the best,

Glenn

Tee - Those two names are local and they really use them as a play on words. And there is always Baba WaWa if you remember your old Saturday Night Live skits.

Tell me you are kidding TEE about the ad. I don't think I could handle reading that.

Tee it's actually.... Doug and Wendy Whiner.....and we have a ressservaaaationnnn......

Donnie

your right Donnie!:lol:

And yes...I seen the ad Clark.

Little Sheet Heads own them now:angry:

When was the last time you heard of a Boycott doing anything? The boston tea party? Tee I'm with you on the outrage. I have my cogressmen and U.S. Senators on my email list and that's all I know what to do. BUT we've had national don't buy gas days and this and that and it never seems to make a difference. Boycott if it makes you fell good but don't expect much support.

I'm still boycotting Target stores but am probably the only one out there.

fatrap

Geez, I don't know. Around here they are the folks leading the charge re: quickly falling gas prices? "Nose, prepare to get cut off ..."

Let me put it another way. If Citgo's gas was $1.00 a gallon cheaper here than any other station, I still wouldn't buy it because of Chavez. Fark him and his stinkin' country. Now I know that my little buying practices are not going to put his oil company out of business, that isn't the point. I DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH PEOPLE I DON'T WANT TO! Red Lobster is still around, and I quit them back around 1990.:rolleyes:

Bruce(politically incorrect)M

F@#$^ EM ALL...I am going to ride my bike..to old to siphon now days...:D

Man did we srew up when we opened the market ?

Now we can't shut the door and we're surrounded!:eek:

Never really gave it much thought about being a "hater".

I sure don't wanna' give any LOVE:wub: for them either:huh:

I want to see that ad that Tee told us about.

I want to know what Red Lobster did?

I have one Citgo station that's anywhere close to me. It's owned by a guy I went to high school with. I'm not boycotting him.

We have a WaWa too and Glenn is right about the sandwiches. There is a Quiznos right next door and it's hard to choose sometimes.

Gas is still running about $2.50 per gal. right now.

I agree Mike. American outrage is coming from behind keyboards these days.

Bruce, I understand your position but if Citgo had gas $1.00 per gallon less around here, it would be the longest line waiting that you've ever seen.

About every twenty years or so, a revolution would be a good thing. We've gone through way too may decades without one.

Uncle Billy

This is from snopes:

"Neither a "buycott" nor a boycott is likely to accomplish much beyond the symbolic. In the first case, the Citgo brand (marketed by Citgo Petroleum Corporation, which has been owned by Petr

Like I said before; every drop of gas we get except for the thimble or two we get from the North Sea, Mexico or the Gulf of Mexico, comes from some dispicable bastard who would slit your throat for the fun of it if it wasn't for the billions of $$$ you put in his pocket. The only thing that will change this is for the American people to take back control of the White House and Congress and insist on campaign finance reform and cut the cord of the Houston oil power brokers who have bought and controled EVERY American president, senator, and congressman for the past 75 years. In 1962 John F. Kennedy said that America would land on the Moon. Not one scientist had a clue how we could do such a thing but by 1969 they figured it out. If some President 30 or 20 or 10 years ago had mada a similar bold statement and said that by a certian date America WILL NOT BUY ONE MORE DROP OF FORGIEN OIL we would not be in some of the wars and forgien policy messes we are in today. Wouldn't it be nice to tell the Saudis and the Iranians to eat sand? Of course the Russians and the Chinese will buy all they have but that's okay....then it's their problem. It's a sweet dream but it will never happen as long as Washington keeps looking to Houston for it's energy policy.

Harpo

I know where you are coming from Tee.

I doubt if it would help, and I know none of the other bastages are any better :angry:, but I will feel better not buying any Citgo gas.

I just love how Chavez is giving out all the discounted heating oil and people are eating it up, like he is some kind of hero. Selling out our country for a few bucks worth of oil. It's a shame none of the politicians have the guts like Rudy Giuliani did when he told the saudi's where to stick their $10 million dollars.

Over the last few days, I have really been wondering if we are doomed as a nation.:( I hope I am worrying for nothing.

Steve

I haven't bought anything from a Citgo or Exxon station in years. We pretty much buy Chevron as our friend owns the station and they actually still work on cars. Heaven only knows where Chevron fuel comes from? Someone told me a while back that Marathon gas was drilled, produced and refined in the U.S, any one else heard that?

Steve

Why is we can do nothing about nothing ?

Have we all lost our nads ?

I dunno about anyone else but, regardless of perception of whether boycotts are effective or not...I LOVE THE FEELING THAT I WILL NOT SUPPORT THEM IN ANY WAY , SHAPE , FORM OR FASHION !

SCREW EM' !

AND if I find out any crap about any of the others...I'll look elsewhere.:)

Not being mad about it....JUST FIRM!:lol:

They are raising the menmbership at the country club..I am going to boycott them also..Plus all the golf courses are raising the price of green fees..Damm have to go to the pasture and play like it was supposed to be played...And to think I just bought new clubs..DArn It...:(

Why not VOTE

JR,

It has nothing to do with the price of gas. It's a free market and they can charge what they want, and it's up to the consumer to decide whether they want to buy it or not.

I havn't complained about the gas prices yet, I'm willing to pay to support the choices that I make.

With me it is about sending my money to a country that want's nothing more than to start a war with us. Not really even a war, but just for all of us to be dead. Our wives, our kids, our parents, all of us, wiped out. And they are willing to teach their kids to be the future terrorists of the world. To blow themselves up just to kill us.

I just feel better if my money doesn't go to the people that think that way.

Yeah I know the loss of my $30 here and there will never wipe out funding for the terrorist groups, but like Tee, it makes me feel better knowing that it is not helping.

JMHO

Steve

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2006 1:07 PM

To: Mike and Elaine

Subject: RE: Citgo sponsorship

Please be advised that we have reached a mutual agreement with CITGO to end our relationship at the end of the 2006 season.

Thanks for your feedback, and please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Stephen Yates

BASS Membership Services

===================

(O) 407-566-2339 (F) 407-566-2510

Toll Free: 1-877 BASS USA, Ext 2339

Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2006 2:41 PM

To: Customer Service

Subject: Citgo sponsorship

Importance: High

Dear BASS,

Let me start by saying that I

ALL THAT IS NEEDED FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH , IS FOR GOOD MEN TO STAND BUY AND DO NOTHING !

My son recently sent me this in an e-mail . We've all heard this saying.( And yes it may not be correct word for word. ) But what it says is still very much true.

There is nothing more in this world I would ask for than to be at my son's right hand side with my own M-16 .

Mike started out believing in the mission , now it's not about the mission at all. It's about surviving when the odds are stacked against you on both sides of the fence.

This is no longer a war to free the Iraqi people and if so which one's the Sunni's ,****e's or mabe the Kurds. Take your pick, But just remember they all hate US !

Them and most of the the rest of the world.

China,Russia,France, and most the rest of the free world. All the time we're buying their incredable cheap products so the can continue to build an ARMY, the likes of which has never been seen on the face of this Earth.

All in the name of bigger profit margins. Obscenely larger and larger executive bouses.

At what cost you might ask ? (if your a moran) American jobs , American wages and oh yes, The American way of life the pursuite of happiness.

We are under attack as we speak from within are own country. The enemy is anyone who is apathetic Towards are American way of life, ehich be lieve me is disappearing quickly.

Good nite Hunt,

Satire Friends.....I love to joke about something we really have no control over..Truth be told..WE the People let this happen to us..In my younger days I paid as low as 15 cents a gallon for gas..

I Truly feel sorry for the younger generation..I tell my grandaughters that only they can save the world..Education.Is the Key.

I hope no one takes me seriously on these posts..But Now I am going to be serious...

If the american people do not figure out that they have the Power to change some of this It will never change..We do need to find a different source of fuel...We do need to contro the enviroment o there won't be any..

We have chemical spills all the time from what few factorys we have left here..SOME THING has to change..The only way I se that change Is we keep changing people In goverment until we get It right....If they know there not going to be In there for the rest of there lives they will do something or at least try.

.Hope I didn't offend anyone..I am a Democrat bt I vote the person not the party...I think the majority of the choices are Piss Poor..I wish I had the magic answer..Maybe one of these days a young educated person will have God I hope so for the Kids sake.......My Kids.......JR

P.S. Gross It's the people like your son and the others that Might save us..In the days of Vietnam I hated to come home from overseas...Those people are running the government now..Think about It....Vote andke a change.. Send a message..No Matter who..Make a change.........:)

You guys are making my head hurt and ok., I'll boycott the Citgo Station my high school buddy runs/owns? Truth be told, I don't think I've gotten gas there in over a year. It's not really convenient and most of you kow how much I drive.:)

Steve, you mention Chavez giving out that crap. Like I said earlier, if Citgo cut there gas prices by $1.00 per gal., or really almost any sum, say 25 cents, the lines to that station would be staggering. I would like to think I have the nads to go to another station.

Uncle Billy

there are controls in place that do not allow a company or a single station to cut prices on gasoline dramaticly.It has to be within the guidelines set buy the government .

however that does not apply to fuel oil for heating. That is why ****ez promised to expand the program in the U.S. for are poorer masses ! I f he could get away with it you can bet he would, and there would still be lines around the block . There are not enough people in this countrey anymore to stand up against the evil that we face.

JR. In spit of the sh^t hole my son's in he doesn't want to come home either. But it 's because he says he love's it .

I'm po'ed because the ARMY just raised the inlistment age to 42 and I 'm still 10 years over that !

Mark

Funny thing I noticed the other day. I was at BPS picking up a gallon of oil. The Quicksilver was priced at $18.99 a gallon and appeared to be selling well meanwhile there was a big pallet display of Citgo for $8.99 and not one jug was missing. Hmmmmmmm I wonder why?:rolleyes:

Harpo

Y'a know what burns my cheecks?????? Prices finally start to drop and OPEC decides to drop production by a million barrels....WTF?!?!?!?! Somthin's wrong with that!!!

TOXIC

Yeah Tox, when the prices were up and the suggestion of upping supply came up, they all shrugged their shoulder and said there was nothing they could do. That sure changed at about $60 a barrel.

Man I hate tree huggers, I blame it all on them !!!!!!!:angry: ;) We shouldn't have to rely on anybody.

Latest posts

Back