• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Nitro Owners and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB Loop Straps

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am looking for the Loop Straps that go on the decks compartment lids that allow you to pull them open. Mine have all rotted and broke...Thanks!

I have a whole bunch of the webbed strapping that comes on boat covers, that i'm keeping for just that, but i'm sure i have more than i'll ever need, if you need some. Let me know how many and lengths and i'll see what i can come up with. Jim

I have six hatches that need new pull straps. I tried to make my own out of some cheap strapping but they dont come close to the durability of the ones that origionaly came with the boat. Thanks for the offer and thanks for that good idea for the material to use. I have some strapping off of my cover that I did not discard that I can use if no one comes through.

If you have any old tie down straps (ratchet type or the type with the "teeth" that grip the strap when it is pulled through the clasp) cut the length you need off and use it. I had 3 or 4 of the pulls that were broken or broke right after I got my boat. I wound up pulling the old ones off, and cutting new ones off of an old tie-down strap that I had here at home. To cut the strap and keep it from fraying, I used a propane torch to heat up the blade of an old fishing knife I had and used it to cut the strap. The hot blade cut through the strap and melted the ends so they wouldn't fray and unravel. One strap should be long enough to make enough pulls for every compartment lid on your boat.

Back