WT&^%$# I need help quick

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Hutchison

Reaction score
Ok I was cleaning the boat and to my supprise I find that the Anti -ventilation plate is cracked and bent I'm in shock cause I know I did not hit anything to do this that I'm aware of.

Now the question is does anyone in VA know where I can get this fixed quickly I need it by the 17th by the look of it seem that the who lower pice would need replaced.

HELP !!!

HPIM1695.JPG

I don't think this is a big deal. You should be able to get this welded and touched up just fine.

I would get it fixed though.

As long as it doesn't go into the LU, you shouldn't have a problem with it. It does need to go to Tracker/Mercury as a warranty item because there is no way you can crack that plate without major impact and it would most certainly show other damage. I wonder what would cause this?

TOXIC

Dude that sucks!!

If you need a boat let me know.,......but you may never go back HAHAHA

Check with Swifts propeller, he also does boat repair and does merc stuff.....

CIII - NO Way! We will take my 896 before we lower our standards! LOL Besides, Hutch as a Nitro shirt and hat so we have to stick with Nitro. Sorry you can't make the James but now maybe we can beat you this time! Ha ha

Either a road hazard or some bozo got you while in a parking lot somewhere and took off without saying something.............

I'm not sure where your location is ... but I noticed you are in VA - If you can get to Bay Propeller in Chesapeake - ask for Max - I'm sure he can fix you up in time for your tournament.

All the best,

Glenn

Oh. Well... if he can't find someone else... it may be worth the trip. Heck, he can drop it off and I'll meet up with him and take him fishing while Max is fixing it. :)

All the best,

Glenn

That can be fixed by someone good and who knows Tig Welding. But if it's still under Mercury warranty, wouldn't doing that cancel it Hutch? I think I might try to go ahead and borrow another boat unless Mercury can do something before the 17th. Damn shame about that and good luck with whatever you decide..

Uncle Billy

It's an insurance claim.

You came down on a stump or something and did your damage. You don't necessarily have to feel it to break it.

It's not that big a deal, I ran one like that for a year before I got around to fixing it.

Thanks Carlos for the offer but like Bill said we will stick to Nitros LOL. I'm going to call around and see what I can get done if if Pat G. is correct I might try it out this weekend and see what happens the just fix it after the 17th. Glenn I live in Front Royal it would be a 2 hour trip down there but if thats what it would take I'll do it.

Thanks of all the advice.

Hutch

Hutch:

Is the boat stored outside? I had the same thing happen to my engine. I found out that the kids in the neighborhood were standing on the cavitation plate and bouncing up and down on it till it fractured.I took the boat to a metal fabrication business and they fixed it in about 45 minutes. I scuffed the lower unit with sand paper and used etching primer for the area welded. I used Mercury black paint my friend had and it looks like nothing ever happened to it.

Mike

it's out side but I live in no mans land and someone would not make it to the boat past the dogs LOL

Unca Billy - His three dogs weigh WELL over 400 pounds. I wouldn't want to mess with them or even ONE of them. Two shepherds and a Bernard. I couldn't afford to feed them! LOL

Costco 100lbs + of food a month LOL but I don't have to lock my doors they my get one but the other 3 will get them LOL

Back