Wow!!! Am I happy!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Weichold

Reaction score
Finally got the boat back as I stated earlier, but was able to get out. I am dumb you have to read the optimax manual, you cannot put the boat in gear without starting the motor so a dry run in the garage was stupid on my part.

With the new hotfoot I felt in total control of my boat for the first time and I have owned it for a year and a half now!!!! Not having to worry about throttle control etc. I seemed to get better lift more top end and better hole shot. I know that sounds stupid cause I have driven all my friends boats with a hotfoot but when it's your own, YEA BABY!!

AS for the Seastar problem which is why it went into the shop to begin with. Let's just say I must have had a faulty system all along because the new system is totally different looks redisigned and controls like heaven!!

Seastar came through!!

One happy camper, I am now getting full reponse and capabilities out of my 882!! It always fished great with the wide beam, but now drives great as well!!

Thanks for the input on my prior post about the situation

That's great to hear Mark, glad to hear you're happy with the results! egMike

good to hear mark and glad that it worked out for you. also, good to know about the shifting. on my carbed model, you can shift it in and out of gear dry without it running. sounds like the opto's are different as far as the shifting goes. now enjoy that bad boy and go catch some hawgs.

tight lines.

jd

Fish? He was too busy putting $100 of gas thru that beast as he ran the lake like a slalom course! LOL Nothing quite like when your boat is running perfect and everything is clicking.

Back