Worst Fears Realized

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Smith

Reaction score
My wife lost her job today. After 21 years of dedicated service, she and her group were let go. She was advised when she arrived at work today and told to pack up and leave. 21 years...and she was a given an hour to pack up her office and leave...under supervision of course.

We are in complete shock..of all the scenarios that we talked about, this one was never discussed. Just last week, they were told everything would be fine,irregardless of the GM/Chrysler/Nissan outcome..I suppose everything is fine for the big shots in the company..once again, the working man/woman take the hit...

Looks like a lean holiday season at the Smith house...

Tough luck on the loss of the job. After 21 years you would expect more but sometimes the best is to not sugar coat things. I have been down sized twice and it hurts. Speically with all you put into things of youself.

Good luck with things.

Randy!

Smitty, I hope everything works out for you. Your family is in my prayers.

Bubby:(

Sorry to hear it Smitty. I hope things improve for you guys. The American auto industry has been feeding me all my life and I sure never thought I'd see it in this bad of shape.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Hutch

Sorry to hear that. Keep positive and things will come your way.

I heard that lastnite on the news Smitty!! I immediately thought of your wife and your family!! This sucks,....please give her a big hug for me and reassure her, that you guys will be okay!! Man, this sure is grim around here.....our big announcement is happening at 11 today! And you're right about the management......they won't get cut at all.....only the people who do the actual work are the ones who get screwed!! I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the BIG 3 get their "bailout" $$,.....that somehow,..sooner or later,...there will be executive bonuses given out for the "hard decisions" they had to make and the fact that they "HAVE TO PAY" BIG money to retain the best talent...........the very talent that has let GM lose 87% of it's value over the last 3 years!! Man,..I wish was THAT good!!:angry::wacko:

Next time you pull anyone over in a non-Chrysler, GM, or Ford vehicle.......no warnings....automatic ticket!!!:angry:;)

Let'em feel the pain as well!!!

Mac

Smitty,

Sorry to hear the bad news. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Dang smitty, that stinks!

Hope things get better for you and yours. Look like the industry is at a crossroads and analysts are saying that one of the big three will be gone before the end of the year.

Things are NOT good in this area, and look to be getting worse.

COME ON bailout $$$$!!!!

Then every American should be required to buy a traditionally American badged vehicle!!!!! Afterall it will be tax dollars helping the auto industry.

I just love how grim Granholm looked and sounded at her press conference yesterday. That should have been done years ago!

Sad news Smitty. I've always been told that when one door closes, another one opens. Still doesn't make you feel better when all you can remember is that one slamming shut.

Hope she finds something she likes very soon.

BruceM

Mini,.......not to hijack this thread,..but you do know that Obama has put Granholm on his "economic advisory staff" don't you??!!! she's done such a STELLAR job with Michigan's economy,.....imagine what she'll be able to do with the NATION!!!:angry::angry:

Sorry to hear the news. Never pleasant to have to go through this.

Like others have said, the GM announcement today, will probably be bad, very bad.

Tex

I couldn't believe it when I saw John McCain driving off in a Toyota the morning after the election.

Sorry to hear that Smitty. Companies just don't care about the worker bees. I feel like I am on the hot seat here. Not a good feeling to go to work every day wondering if you'll have a job. Hopefully something good will come out of it, like her finding another job she likes. Take care and good luck to you.

yes i know that mac.

but the way she was almost in tears made me sick. she didnt do squat (well very little) before Obama was elected, now she is crying a river.

she should have been demanding things 2 years ago.

one hour notice........and supervised packing? I don't know how that manager can sleep well at night? So much for loyalty. Sorry to hear the news and will keep your family in our prayers.

JP

Hate to hear this kind of news. Happened to me in 01 after 9-11, was with a company for 23 yrs. I know that it is not a good time to be out there looking now, but remember good people always come out OK. I travel to a lot of developing countries, and the takeaway is that it is never ever stuff that makes you happy, and your job is not your life, just a job. Best of luck,

I appreciate all your kind words. I don't come here as often as I used to, life seems to get in the way more often now..I seem to be alot busier than I used to be. But I know that when I do pop in, I'll always be surrounded by decent folk.

The shock of the last couple of days is slowly wearing off and my wife and I are beginning to wrap our hands around the reality of all this. My wife is really heartbroken, she truly loved her job and often amazed me with everything she put into it. It was truly disappointing to see her and the group she supervised so unceromoniuosly dumped by the wayside..they were like a family and would never accept anything but the best from each other. A fine example of the work they did, was their last project, which is the current RAM Challenge commercial that's been running on T.V. lately.

I'm a firm believer in what doesn't kill us will make us stronger, my wife will land on her feet, our family will remain strong and weather this storm. In fact, I'm confident that it will bring us all closer and help us realize what is truly important in life.

In the meantime..my job is more than secure..bad economy and joblessness guarantees job security in my line of work..seems whatever is not tied down, locked up or hidden away is getting ripped off..bad guys and people who never wanted to be bad guys are coming outta the woodwork...!

Take care of yourselves, take care of your families and strap yourselves in..things are gonna get worse before they get better...

And Mac...good luck to you buddy..I've got alot of friends and family at The General..I'm hopin and prayin things will be allright for all of ya..

-Smitty

And Smitty, rest assured that there are more than a few here praying for your wife along with trying to take some of her hurt unto us.. I truly believe with your wife's record and her years of loyalty, she'll settle into and even better job. Anyway, that's what I'm praying and hoping for..

Uncle Billy

Smitty,

Sorry to hear this man..hang in there and as you said you will come out stronger...short term pain for sure, but stronger in the long run.

Hang in there man....

Sorry to hear this Smitty! I'm convinced these things happen in our life for a reason. It may be hard to see now, but I'm sure the future will be brighter in some part due to this experience. Keep looking up and God Bless!

Latest posts

Back