World Fishing Fair

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim King

Reaction score
Wife informed me today that she reserved a room in Springfield for two nights during the World Fishing Fair Feb. 28 and 29! I can't wait to go and can't believe it was her idea!! Anyone else going to be in the area during this time?

Tim

Does your wife have an older sister? Take your time answering - it's gonna take me a few minutes to get on my knees!

Sorry Scott my wife is the oldest in her family! She Does have an aunt that is nice looking very outgoing and is single! On second thought she might cause you to have a heart attack and she doesn't look a thing like Penny Berryman!

Well, you know, Tim..... It's not Penny's looks that I'm attracted to - although they sure don't hurt! It's the opportunity to go fishin' with a woman who can teach me a few things........ About fishin'.

Heck, we could do a segment for Bass Pro's Outdoor World! Think of the possibilities! The woman driving the boat! (Am I going to fast for you, Scottie? Is the wind blowing your hair? (giggle!)) The woman teaching the man how to tie the lure securely to the line! (See, Scottie, this is how you "tie the knot"!) The woman telling the man how to land the fish! (Keep the tip of your pole up!)

And displaying her limit of keepers at the end of the day when I come home empty handed. (That's ok, Scottie.... Lots of men fail their first time out with a woman!)

So..... While you're down there..... Should you happen to run into Penny..... Tell her I'm STILL available to go fishin' with her!

me!

(And tell her husband I'm completely harmless!)

Tim,...be sure to stop by and look me up,...I'll be there doing custom rod handle graphics on friday and saturday, the 1st and 2nd,...will probably come in sunday a.m. too, but that depends on my flight outa town!! Hope to see/meet you there!!

Regards,

Mac

Mac,

you bet your #$$ I will! I can't wait! I have been on cloud nine every Since I found out I get to go! Three days in heaven! I guess this calls for an extra special V-day present! So will you have your own booth set up or what?

Tim

I'm not sure where they'll put me,....but I'll have an 8ft table and some signage, but i'll be at the mercy of the stores promo people as to where i'll be, but you'll find me,..they'll make PA announcements regarding the rod handle promotion, so i can't hide for long!!..LOL...I suspect I'll be in the vacinity of the BPS rods,..off a main isle but out of the way, so people can walk by, but still stop and watch/see what I'm doing,.......that sure sells a lot of rods!! People buy'em just to hang them in their dens/offices!! It's a blast,,..they sure get off on it!!

Mac: Don't sell out of the rods before I get a chance to come buy one and have you personalize it for me. I am looking forward to meeting you.

You got it Big Dog,......looking forward to meeting you too....seeya in a couple weeks!!

BTW Doug,....I'll be doing the rod graphics on the JLM Signature rods and most likely on the new Pro Qualifiers,..(Man those are NIIIIICE rods!!) so don't worry,..I'll make sure you get one!! LOL Maybe saturday night we can hook up with Penny and go squeeze a lime somewhere!! I'll be ready for some vitamin "C" after ( 2) 12hr days in a row of drawing,..but man is it worth it,...people just LOVE those!!

They make GREAT gifts too, Tim,..(Hint hint),..does your wife fish?? I can hook her up with a sweeet

custom rod handle,..all her own!!!! Don't you owe her a "Thank you" gift anyway?? HA!!!

Mac

I'm hurt Mac, you mean your not flying down this weekend for the Atlanta BPS Spring Fishing Classic? You'll miss Noah Slam Dunking the kids casting contest again! I'm hitting the store on Saturday morning, I know it will be the most crowded time, but the wife is having a Pampered Chef party/brunch (that's acooking tupperware type-party for those single guys) and me and the boys have to keep busy. Nothing like BPS for a day outing, except fishing!

Hang on to that Keeper Tim!

Trep,..I'll probably hit Atlanta this summer for the Mustad Classic,.....this weekend I'll be in Detroit again at the Cobo Boat show,.....then I'm off to Ft. Lauderdale, Springfield, St. Louis and back to Aurburn Hills! Can't wait!!! Sure would love to do this full time!! Boat shows, in-stores, drawing and publishing instructional and how-to books for kids and neophite anglers etc..etc...calenders, T-shirts, Gift items,...but you know how it is,...this working for a living is really cramping my productivity!! LOL

I JUST WANA HAVE FUN!!!! ARRRGHH!!!!

About Penny . . .

I'll bet you really miss those Grandpa's Spring Fishing Sales when Penny would be in town. You coulda asked her about all that stuff.

Speed.

Knots.

Poles.

I sure do miss the Spring Fishing Sale at Grandpa's. Wal-Mart just isn't the same experience.

Mark

Back