Wiring blacklights

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffrey Durham

Reaction score
Any suggestions of wiring up black lights so that I dont have to trip over wires that are run back to my batteries in my Nitro 185? Thanks one and all..

Jeff

Get the Stan Sloans or the Hoppies with the Jacks (conveniently, we carry both)... then you mount the jacks permanently and move the lights around... I have this setup in mine and wouldn't do it any other way.

I ran the wires to my TM batteries as well, and have them independantly switched.

PRO%20POWER%20JACK.JPG
This is the hoppy's 'low profile' version...

this is a little more detail: (stan sloan, but principle is the same)

crdless.jpg

Where did you put the jack mounts on your boat Sim? I've been considering doing mine also:D

OK, why the black lights? You guys have posters from the 70's on your boats?

BF

Dude....fish at nite with flourescent line and your line shows up like rope!

Surely you've heard of it....?:blink:

Tee, doesn't the black light not only light up the lineaobe the water so you can see it, but doesn't the line act like an optic fiber and carry the light down into the water through the line? I have always thought that would happen. As you can tell I am just a lowly Human Reosurces Manager and not a scientist! :huh:

Randy

No....the blacklight will not penetrate the water unless maybe it was right on the water...balcklights don't carry along distance like white light. You need to mount them pretty close to where your fishin'.

See now I learned something. Does it attrack bugs like a normal light? Last time I fished at night we used a coleman lantern.....................

BF

Blacklights usually do not draw bugs... nor does the light 'usually' influence fishing... other than to help you watch your line and have some light on the bank.

I use the 'super doubles' when fishing for Walleye/Stripers (cranking the banks)... the white litght helps me keep my distance and WILL bring in bugs and bait fish to some degree. (you can get that version of the stan sloan with either a flourescent or an incandescent bulb that you can vary the brightness with)

Black lights only for jigging applications for smallies. I am confident that the affect on the line is only where the light physically hits the line... you can test that by dropping a loop in front...and the same line behind.

This next season, I intend to use one of those 'moonlight' things to see how they help attract bait/fish.

I have these plugs in the gunnel of the boat... real easy set up.

Jeff, they usually run about $120 per light, they come with 2 receptacles each. If you need help setting them up, just let me know.

I had just never thought of it I guess, I had seen them for sale at bps and just never ask anybody why they would need them? But it does make since..

Cool

BF

Do not waste your money on the BPS ones... they do not put off enough light... IMHO, of course.

Thanks Sim, I sure will let you know when I am ready to install them once I come up and pick up about 3.

Thanks,

Jeff

I live in Lexington... so I can meet you there just about any time... just let me know ahead of time when you're coming by.

They're not on the website... I'll have to fix that...

Hey Jeff... Lexington is out of the lights... call Mo in Somerset to see what they have in stock.

Let me know when you get them on your website so that I can take a look at them..

Thanks.... Jeff

Hey Jeff...

Drop me an email... I might have a deal for you on a pair of lights.

Latest posts

Back