Which underwater camera ????

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Rizza

Reaction score
The wife informed me last night that she was going to start Christmas shopping soon and asked what I wanted this year.

She said "it's been awhile since you got anything for the boat,is there anything you need this year ?" (apparently she forgot about the 2 new fishfinders I got this spring.HA!!)

Anyhow..I have been thinking on getting a camera for the longest time.I need some input on them.

Which ones have you used/owned ??

LED lights or color lights??

I'm not looking for anything famcy,just one to help me understand better what I am seeing on my fishfinder.

I have never used one or seen one in action,so I have no idea what to expect.

Steve

Steve,

From what I have seen with the Atlantis that I bought and some other brand that a friend of mine had, they simply don't work well. That is unless the water is gin clear. Best I ever could make out with mine was about 2-3 feet. Others might have different opinions but I would ask for something else.

GG

I have an aqua-vu and I LOVE it,...but clueless is right,.....clear water is a must! But up here in MI....clear is the norm!!:wub:

Mac

I have an Atlantis, and around here, you only see about 2 feet. After using it for a couple years, I recommend taking the camera money and upgrading your current electronics. I would lend you mine to try, but my monitor is on the fritz. You get a pic for about 30 seconds, then static....

Rich D

Rich,

My next upgrade will be the big jump to one of the Side Imaging units. I want one SOOO bad!!!!!

For now the Matrix 37's are plenty. I just need to learn all the finer details of using them,and think having the camera to explore with will be a huge learning tool.

I fish Yough Lake alot and you can usually see bottom down to about 6-8 feet on a sunny day. I'm hoping that's clear enough to see what's going on down there.

Saturday the F.F.'s were going nuts over 30' of water.I used a small jigging spoon and could actually see it bouncing up and down on the screen through the fish.Only caught one Bass there,but would have liked to see what was showing up all over the screen.

Latest posts

Back