Which new boat????

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Jackson

Reaction score
ok.. one more time.... Glass or Tin??? And your reasons why.. Going to my dealer tomorrow for some serious negotiations... Do I go with the Avalanche w/175opti or the 898NX w/200opti??? I hate decisions like this. The only way to figure it out is buy both!!...

If I can get the right price, when it gets here the PT175 goes on the board!!!... (assuming I can decide glass or tin!!)

whew,......that's a tough decision,.......depending on the type of water you fish, either choice would be a good one,...but I'd probably take the 898 w/200 Opti because of the bigger boat!! and we all know,..'glass rules!! (make sure you order the carpet though!!!) If you fish mostly inland lakes,..get the Av with the 175 Opti.....you'll eat the 'glass guys alive!!! ahaha...that boat would be awesome! IMHO

Mac

If you are going to a Tracker/Nitro dealer, don't expect any price negotiations on the boat/motor itself. They won't/can't. However, they can and generally will, throw in some extras (upgraded electronics for the bow, life jackets, other niceities).

For me, the avalanche is too new. I'd probably go with the 898 rig.

Best of luck.

Tex

Forgot to mention. The negotiations will be mostly on how much he gives me for my Sea Ray. Will be the third Tracker/Nitro I bought from him in 3 years so I know the pricing policy and he knows my weakness for buying new boats. Should be interesting. I fish inland lakes and rivers. Like going shallow and am concerned about dinging the glass, but nothing looks better than a nice glass boat. The Avalanche comes close, but still can't get the great paint job. Decisions, decisions....

opps... typo... meant 225opti... I agree with both of you. put everything on it that it will hold and use what ya want...

Get the 898 w/225, I got one and love it. I have been in an avalanche and liked it, but love the 898. I think you would have better resale w/the 898. you will love the room. and can't get any shallower w/any other 20 1/2 foot boat. Just my $.02 worth. KENNY

Hey Tex, the 898 is a totally new rig for Nitro this year. The Av. has a full season on it.

Craig

The Avalanche with a 175 hp would eat that 898 for dinner. If you plan on mounting a lot of extras, then the Avalanche makes a much better platform for extras. If your going to be running around large bodies of waters where 4 footers are common, I'd go with the 898, that extra footage/length makes a big difference in the way you hit waves, though I'm real happy with the way my Avalanche handles the big waves on Lake Ontario and St. Lawrence River. Flip a coin and live with the dicision.

I am pretty good at spending others money and my bet is on the 898 with the 225!!!!!

Carlos

Avalanche...it's by far a safer and better boat. Glass only cracks.....Tin Is In Baby!

TEE

Back