Looking At Getting A New Boat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilk816

Reaction score
Hello All,

New to the forum. I am currently on my 2nd boat that I have owned. It is a 2013 Crestliner 17ft Aluminum. It has been a good boat but my family and I are outgrowing it. Me, my wife and our 2 boys (6 and 11) go fishing just about every week and during the week when we can.

I am currently looking at a Z-18 150hp and a Z-19 200hp. Other than the motor will a big difference be noticed with the extra 8 inches? The Z-18 is 18'8 the Z-19 is 19'4.

One reason I want to move to a glass boat is stability. With my current boat you can feel every step someone takes on the boat. Also the wind can blow it around pretty easily. I think with upgrading to a bigger glass boat this won't be as much of an issue. A couple Sundays ago I went with a friend out on his Z-19 and it was night and day difference.

I guess my biggest question is will there be a noticeable difference in stability/wind with the Z-18 over the Z-19. Anyone gotten a Z-18 and wished they had got the Z-19? Thanks in advance. Just looking for opinions and knowledge. Thank you!

I purchased a new Z18 in 2018. I couldn't be more pleased. This was moving up from a 17 ft Champion, very nice boat as well. The Z18 has noticeably more bow area than the Champion but the rear area not so much. Ride, speed (60+ MPH) and overall comfort are a thumbs up for the Z18.
We only bass fish two out of my boat. My opinion, 3 would be a cramped and 4 very difficult. Obviously pan fishing would be much more doable. Where would the 4th person ride? On the cooler lid?
Two axle trailer ride is superior to a single axle.
Give extra thought to accessories for your new boat: third seat, electronics, etc.
Vic

Thank you for the reply. Did you get the 150 or 175? How does the z18 do in the wind? Pretty stable with people walking around on it? Thanks again.

I got the 150, which is what I would've got if ordered. Top speed with about 30 gal fuel, gear, and two people is 60+ MPH. Plenty fast enough for us. I rarely go past 50 MPH. We don't tournament fish so there's little need for speed.
Fuel economy is excellent. To the point I was wondering if the fuel gauge was working correctly.
The boat comes up on plane fast and very stable while fishing or traveling.
I've not noticed any problems with wind related stability.
Vic
IMG_1645.jpg

Wow that’s a good looking boat. Yeah I agree I’ve never had more than a 90HP and not interested in going over 50 probably

Hello All,

New to the forum. I am currently on my 2nd boat that I have owned. It is a 2013 Crestliner 17ft Aluminum. It has been a good boat but my family and I are outgrowing it. Me, my wife and our 2 boys (6 and 11) go fishing just about every week and during the week when we can.

I am currently looking at a Z-18 150hp and a Z-19 200hp. Other than the motor will a big difference be noticed with the extra 8 inches? The Z-18 is 18'8 the Z-19 is 19'4.

One reason I want to move to a glass boat is stability. With my current boat you can feel every step someone takes on the boat. Also the wind can blow it around pretty easily. I think with upgrading to a bigger glass boat this won't be as much of an issue. A couple Sundays ago I went with a friend out on his Z-19 and it was night and day difference.

I guess my biggest question is will there be a noticeable difference in stability/wind with the Z-18 over the Z-19. Anyone gotten a Z-18 and wished they had got the Z-19? Thanks in advance. Just looking for opinions and knowledge. Thank you!
Remember to check the people weight capacity.

Latest posts

Back