WHICH IS BETTER???

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DALE KNAPP

Reaction score
I had to buy a new cranking battery this year. The one I had was a Wal Mart everstart marine cranking battery. I was told by the service guy at the store that i would be better off by buying an auto battery as my starting battery because they carry a 4 yr warranty as opposed to a 2 year for a marine battery and that they cost about half the price. Well thats what I did, it made sense to me less expensive and twice the warranty....... just dont tell em it was used as a marine battery if you have to bring it back during the 4 yr. warranty. So which is better??? Marine or car battery for cranking your big motor?

I would say a marine battery. They are engineered for the enviroment. I boat rides on a constantly uneven surface.(Much like the roads in Metro Detroit)

Use a marine battery for marine applications.

Mini

I've always heard that marine batteries were of more rugged construction to keep the plates from breaking loose under higher shock and vibration loads.

Russ

marine batts are designed to be run down and charged back up. auto batts are designed to be constant charged and not to drop way down. if you have a couple of finders and livewells and fish long days. a marine batt will be better for you.just be careful not to over heat your starter.don't let your starter crank for more than 20 seconds at a time without letting it cool off.this is no matter which batt you choose,but more so with a bigger batt. thanks stan

Latest posts

Back