What's your Price Per Gallon today?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Koepp

Reaction score
I actually did this math after seeing a new Shell Oil/Kevin Harvick commercial a few weeks ago:

Royal Dutch Shell 2Q PROFITS (not revenue: PROFIT!) = $11.6 Billion

91 Days in 2Q = $127,472,527 profit per day

24 hours per day = $5,311,355 Profit per hour

/ by 60 minutes per hour = $88,522 profit per minute

/ by 60 seconds per minute = $1475 profit per second

so what does this mean? the new "contest/giveaway from Shell for $2900 of free gas given away every day amounts to

HOLD on its coming

TWO SECONDS OF PROFIT They are giving "back" to the consumer, in the way of a promotion

Now how do you feel?

Anyway.. Gas was $4.15 for regular ol 87 Octane this AM. Whats it going for in your neck o' the woods?

Believe it or not, the gas station closest to our house is out of regular unleaded and mid-grade. They have ONLY premium available at $4.05 a gallon. It's like being kicked in the groin. The next closest station is a Shell, and I won't buy gas there.

$4.39 reg

$3.98 Diesel ( I drive a Jetta - 41mpg - YEA)

Savahhan, GA

Still only costs me $20 every time I put gas in the truck...............;)

Steve

I had to come from Bowling Green, KY to Spring Hill, TN today for training tomorrow. $3.99 in BG, $4.31 in Franklin, KY. I paid $4.09 here in Spring Hill. Some stations here in TN I've seen on the news are at $5.30.

Hutch

As long as we keep paying for it do not expect it to come down much or stay down long. I'm assuming most of you are just like me. I filled up today and didn't like it but i did it anyway.

We will not see a significant decrease in gas prices until people stop using so much of it. Have you every heard that necessity is the mother of invention? Until we stop using a very significant amount of gas there will be no appetite for change.

I guess $5.00 a gallon gas isn't high enough to turn away enough customers. Maybe it will take $7.50 a gallon?

At some point people will stop paying and demand an alternative. I for one would like to see CNG developed on a full scale.

I'm glad my wife drives a Honda Civic Hybrid though, 50 mpg highway, 40 mpg in town. My Saturn Outlook gets around 24 on the highway, 18 in town (could be worse). See ya at the pumps.

Turn away customers?

I've got two trucks that are going back and forth to work ONLY lately and it's puttin' the hurt on me.

Guess I'll have to get rid of them and my boat eh?:wacko:

Jeff C.: I have been thinking hard on the CNG issues.. Certainly, wholesale replacement of gasoline with CNG brings with it an entire infrastructure requirement.. CNG Stations all over where we now can get gas, not a cheap or fast change over. HOWEVER!!! I fail to see the same issue in the same degree when you think about how much less oil could be used if simply all the FLEET vehicles skirting around our country every day would switch over.. every postal vehicle, every UPS, DHL, etc delivery truck, every cab in NYC!!! It would at least be A START! These fleet services have their own private "gas stations" anyway, why would it be so hard for them to initiate the switch?

$4.05 - $4.25 for 87 octane this morning.

GOUGING!!! Our State Attorney General logged over 500 complaints this past week about gas gouging....lets see if anything happens. I paid $4.19 this morning, only pumped $30.00.

Its rediculous.

CNG/Propane are ebing used in more fleet vehicles than you think. I was designing alternative fuel systems for UPS, Blue Bird, GM Powertrain over 10 years ago.

I really believe that it will be big oil that has to initiate the change from gas to an alternative. Once they have lost enough of a market share to make them really feel it they will start shifting their efforts to technology, infrastructure, conversion, and development. That will have to be what drives the change. No one else has enough money to make such a wide scale conversion. They say you have to spend money to make money and that is exactly what big oil will do if they start feeling a significant and sustained drop in gas sales.

Pondscum: Fleet conversions are a great starting point.

$3.59 a gallon around the corner in E. Texas. Only went up about $.10 a gallon here. Our prices remain fairly stable. Think it has to do with the E. Texas mentality, and all the guns we have in our pickups! :D:p

Tex

Big oil will never make the change. I think they will drop out of change is warranted. They have made enough money to buy China already!

You cant write stuff this good!

I had to run out on an errand. pulled into my local purveor of petroleum products (gas station); the place now has a huge new sign just errected yesterday. BIG L.E.D. numbers for prices and can even do graphics!..

so, playing right into Bill Engvall's "Here's Your Sign" I had to ask "get a new sign, huh?"

the clerk responded "Yeah, now with winter coming we won't have to go outside to change the prices so dam often, we can do it right here at the counter".

Freekin wonderful. I wept.

Diesel dropped another nickle to $3.88 Monday Sept16. Ofcourse I can't drive for two more weeks.

fatrap

$3.48 for 87 here South of Annapolis in Edgewater, MD.. And that's not the cheapest but it's the local Sunoco Station that does my auto work. Plus I buy there because it's Sunoco and that's the only AMERICAN oil pumping here. I don't care about the price, I'm not going to patronize Venezuela, Russia or the Middle East as far as buying gas goes.

I understand there are only three of this type in the U.S. Two of them I have seen farther south than me but the only one up here is Sunoco.

Uncle Billy

Tox,

West Virginia has a "Tooth Fairy Tax".... The tooth fairy is the most underemployed person in WVA so they collect a tax to pay her unemployment benefits...

(Now jusat kidding all you good folks from WVA... Actually I found it to be a beautiful State full of freindly people... but the jokes do go on...)

How the heck DO you explain the differences in gas prices except for taxes and transportation costs it has to be about the same everywhere...

It's got to be local county and state taxes Toxic. Just guessing though but every time Nancy and I would go south for some reason or another, as soon as we crossed the Potomac River Bridge on rt.#301, the gas prices would be appreciably lower??

Uncle Billy

heck i am in tel aviv, they sell the stuff by the litre!

It was about $3.62 or so here, before Ike, then it jumped to $3.99 due to the frenzy of Ike making landfall, then yesterday it dropped to $3.77

Strange goings on in these parts. Tennessee is out of gas. Huge lines at the stations that do have gas. Here in Kentucky there is no problem-everybody has gas and prices are falling. I guess TN gets it's gas from somewhere different than KY. The Nashville news this morning showed a barge that had arrived there with a million gallons, so the shortage may be easing there by now.

Hutch

bend over.. thanks to the further devaluation of the dollar, better known as the Financial bail out plan, Oil ran up to around 130 a barrel today.

Reminds me of the 70's in TN. I was just watching the Nashville news, and they stated Metro Police have responded to 63 reports of fights at gas stations. They aren't expecting the shortage to ease until the end of the week at the earliest. Here in southern KY, most of the stations are out of mid-grade and premium. They say we may have some spot shortages later this week. The Tennesseans are crossing the KY border to fill up. Prices here staying around $3.83. I have to go back to southern TN next Monday. I hope they have it straightened out by then.

Hutch

Latest posts

Back