What fish finder should I buy

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roger Noel

Reaction score
Hi

I just bought a used 98 Nitro 185 and it is missing the fishfinder. The wiring is there and I was wondering if I should get a model made specifically for it? I was wondering the same about a trolling motor.

If the original depthfinder came from Tracker Marine, it was probably a Humminbird. You would probably be happier if you bought one that you liked instead of one that matched the current wiring. I bought a Lowrance x75 and had it installed when my boat was rigged and have been happy with it. The x75 has been discontinued since then, but there are a lot of good units on the market.

Is the trolling motor also missing? My 2000 185 Sport came with a Motorguide (67#). I have also owned Minn Kota on previous boats and have not had a failure with either make.

Bob G.

Check with Bass Pro about the availability of the x65/75/85 units from Lowrance. I think they bought up all the remaining inventory and are selling them at deep discounts.

Mini

Sure, NOW you tell us. I got my ultra classic replaced and the new one is working great. Or it was until the boat went back into the shop!

Thanks all

Yes the trolling motor is also missing, but it might not have come with one. The boat was not owned by a fisherman and was hardly ever used. You all should come up to Eagle River and fish some day. There are 900 lakes in Vilas county and and 700 in Oneida county.

Back