What does your 'handle' mean. . .

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
Okay, haven't done this for awhile, and we have many newer members.

What does your handle mean/stand for?

Texas Transplant - raised and lived in Texas most of my life, and am now 'transplanted' to the Carolina's. Hoping to get back there in the next 5-10 years - or sooner.

My other handle is generally BJ or Big John. Pretty easy to figure that one out.

Tex

MO = Missouri

Fish = fishing

Or...I could always stand to go out in search of mo'(more) fish.

I used to use CanoeGuide1 because I was the chairman of our Boy Scout committee called "Canoe Guides", but I'm not the chair anymore so I needed a different handle.

Mine is fairly obvious....

Rich D

Hmmmm...... I'm not sure. I know i'll remember it...

Anyways good thought provoking question.

Thanks again..

Bryan McDonough

Sooner....as in the next NCAA National Championship football team, The University of Oklahoma Sooners.

Fan.... [short for fantic]a devotee of a specified performer, sport, or sports team.

Harpo....a name given to me by my classmates when I was a kid to get under my skin which I in turn adopted as a nickname just to get under their skin.

FIRESCOOBY

Fire = Been a career firefighter for over 12 years

SCOOBY = Got that nickname about 15 years ago and it stuck. Guys came into station one morning and the TV was on Scooby Doo. I have honestly never watched that show and the TV was on when I came in that morning also. It just stuck though. Much better than some of the other nicknames that new guys have gotten. Usually a ff's nickname comes from his first screw-up, bad cooking dish, first embarrassing moment. I didn't come out that bad.

BJ Laster

explanation- BJ (the initials of my first and second name...also...the name I go by) and Laster (my last name).

Pretty simple huh?

Downstream Lures is the name of my plastic worm business. I picked up the "downstream" wording a number of years ago reading an article that used the term to keep people focused on how their actions affect those "downstream" of them in life. I liked the thought and it also fit the fishing business.

I use my name cuz that's hard enough to remember at my age... And, any "nickname/handle" that I am called by my wife and children can';t be posted here on a "family oriented" board...

But, I am known to "friends" as "Bear"... And, of course no one here (or anywhere else LOL for that matter calls me Bear)

"Dewey" is my name and no, it is not a nickname - it is a family name I ended up with. I go by "Bassfishinglawyer" on most other sites, which is (1) what I love to do and (2) what I do.

My favorite lure used to be the Rapala "Fatrap" I have won tournaments with the brown Fatrap. I even have a collector coffee cup and fatrap lure still in the box.

It used to be "Ugly Mike" because there were two Mike's in my division onboard ship. When asked "which Mike" the chief used to say the ugly one and pointed to me.

The wife made me change it to something different because Ugly Mike reflected on her choice of man.

Fatrap

aka Mike Grandick or Ugly Mike

fishrmn because its what I am and 70 was my number when I played football in high school not to long ago.

Adam

As my wife says, "you must be a fool cause you fish all the time", other nick nakes "psyco-path, chain-saw, Lee Harvey" all names given me when I was Military Police.

Always was a big fan of the sim games, (sim city), and in the early days of the net we had "chat rooms" (IRC -- if you know what that means) ... this was when the WWW was in its infancy. (Netscape was still in early alpha, IE didnt exist, and AOL was actually worth having for the dialer alone).

Anyway, I chose "simperson" as in "simulated person" back then... this mutated to "simster", and now most of the time just "sim".

Anytime I join a board, I just add "sim" to the primary subject...

But I think it's time to make it simpler, so from now on it's simply... Sim.

My name is George, That is why I tried to use Geo.

I've signed my name this way for over 30 years.

kb9geo is my amateur radio callsign.

it's my name. also called mikey, doa (yes as in dead on arrival) mudduck and duct tape. you had to be there.

All my family called me TJ for Short and it's just kinda' drifted with the times to be just "TEE" :) It used to be TeeBoy but, someone else on the net beat me to that handle:)

I used to play a lot of paintball - the guns I used were called the Vector - loudest darn paintball gun ever made... everyone else's gone went pfft pfft when they fired, mine made people look in the trees for deer hunters ;-)

david

Nickname given by softball team mates when I moved to Pa. short for Boncore.

Frank

When I started posting online years ago (hey Sim - Internet Relay Chat!!!) there was a LOT of concern about "identity" so I needed a "handle" (and YES Mike L. that is from the CB back in the 70's heyday, and no I don't remember mine!!LOL) so my nickname has always been Trep (short for Trepper) so when I hit 128lbs I figured I was finaly a Man!!! Thus TrepMan!!! LOL I guess how that i'm 140lbs I should be TrepFatMan!!!! BBWWWAAAAAA

I KNEW you'd jump on this one Mac!!! You working today?

Come on Tox, tell the story to the younguns!!!

I used to race a rear engine dragster,until it ran over me and ran across the lot in front of the house and crashed into a guys fence. Long story, but wife won't let me get another one. At least I got a nice helicopter ride and I had a very nice Air Care nurse.

Ok, Ok, .......but keep in mind that there are many, many reasons for the nickname and I continue to add to the list every year.

Let's just say that "one" of the reasons for the "TOXIC" handle has to do with my choice of fishing foods....smoked oysters with tabasco, pickled eggs, vienna sausage, canned fish fillets, Bill's 3 alarm beans.....get the point? By the end of the day, well we won't go there.....yet. There is one story only told in my boat

Prime example of earning the TOXIC nickname......................

TOXIC did not originate with natural gas but as I told you, it most certainly enhanced the title. Picture this---Bunch of guys sitting in a remote fishing cabin after a long day on the water snacking on Slim Jim's, pickeled eggs, smoked oysters (from the can), Vienna Sausage and last but not least, big huge deli garlic pickles. Now the conversation turned to whether human natural gas was in fact flammable. I chimed in and said "why of course it is, didn't anyone see Mad Max and the Thunderdome, they ran a whole city on pig farts"? Well, a disagreement ensued and I was pressured to prove my point. Having prieviously experimented with human combustable emmissions, I knew I would win the argument but what I failed to consider in my equation was the intensity of the fuel source. This being an "up-scale" cabin, we had a mouse infested Lazy boy recliner. I was lucky enough to have snagged it for the evenings discussions. I preceeded to drop trou (but not my tightie whities, after all I didn't want to embarass the other guys) and hike my legs up on the edges of the recliner. I lit my trusty Bic and let loose with a stream of gas that could only be equaled by a rocket funny car at the dragstrip. Having totally mis-judged the amount and purity of the fuel, ignition occured and it was like holding a match up to a can of hair spray. That's all well and good but another event took place that took a bad situation to worse----the intense blue flame fought wildly to find the source of the fuel traveling through my tightie whities and--- well, singed a very delicate part of my anatomy. I threw my legs in the air causing the recliner to tip over backwards and rammed my head through the cheap cabin drywall. There I sat with my head stuck in the wall and my underwear burning like a one year old's birthday candle. They eventually freed me (I put out the fire).

TOXIC (if the name fits, wear it)

Don= Donnie my 1st name

Jovi= Bon Jovi the greatest rock band created! LOL

By the way the new box set droped last Tuesday "100,000,000 Bon Jovi fans can't be wrong" is the name. Not a greatest hits, but 50 new songs never heard before (not even downloadable).

Donnie

Originally, the "fishfafun" came about because the reason I got my first computer and got on-line was to help with my hobbies of "fish"ing, "fa"ntasy sports, and just having as much "fun" as possible!

Worked ok back then and I guess it still does!

Tom

TOXIC...

There isn't a funnier story on the net - ANYWHERE!

I know....I searched.

TEE, your handle used to be: TeeBoy Butt?

rofflmao

You'll find me on other boards as "Thanatos" or "Thanatos LRSD" after the Greek god of death. It's from my years of on-line gaming. I started playing on-line flight sim's, combat sims, FPS games about 10 years ago.

Growing up as a fairly big guy I picked up the nickname "Barry the Bear" which over time watered down to just "Bear". Years ago when I started on this site I was going to use Barry but so did another member. So I didn't know if anyone was using "Bear" so I just stuck Da in front of it. My wife asked why the "Da" and I said, "well it's a cute way of saying, "the Bear." She remarked, "Oh, I thought if was a cute was of saying "Dumb A$$ Bear".

Da Bear

Remember the scene in Stripes where Bill Murray says he joined up because of all the great stories the rest of the troops told? (or was it that they got the chicks because of the great stories?) Anyway, you guys tell the best stories - especially TOXIC. I've also realized that I must lead a pretty boring life. JimC stands for Jim Carlson.

Back