What color lenses and manufacturer

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Corson

Reaction score
THIS IS MAINLY FOR ANYONE THAT WEARS GLASSES: Want to get a pair of polarized clip on sunglasses as i have to wear glasses. What is everyone using and what color lenses work best for sight fishing?

Best sight fishing glasses I've ever owned are SolarBat's with Mossback Green lenses. Unfortunately, they don't make my favorite frame anymore. I still like their glasses, and the Mossback color really is awesome.

All the best,

Glenn

There are new prescription lens from the company that makes the ones that get darker in the sun. These new ones get even darker and are polarized.

Just ordered a pair of Coccoon polarized flip up, clip on sunglasses from Bass Pro Shops. Got the Amber lenses. They have a limited lifetime warranty as well. Read that of the 4 main colors, Amber & Copper are the most popular lense colors for sight fishing, so went with the Amber lenses.

I use the cocoon fit overs. The amber seems to work best for sight fishing. These are a lot less expensive than prescription lenses and if your prescription changes you do not have to change your sunglasses. I would recommend the fit overs because there is not much light on the sides while the clip ons are open and can create glare on the sides.

Cocoon fit over for me also in amber. I like the fact that they close out sun and wind from all angles. Regular glasses seem to backlight when the sun gets over my shoulder. Also keeps the wind out of my eyes during the fast trip down the lake.

Fit overs are an economical option but if you want the absolute best, pick your maker and have them cut prescription lenses for them. Oakley, Maui Jim, Costa's, Solar Bat, Smith Optics, and others will make your glasses if you send them your prescription. That is the absolute best you can do. You loose quality with fit overs or clip ons but the cost is a factor. Luckily, I have a small enough correction that I just wear non-prescription. Had Solar Bats but the frame broke and I am now pondering what to do as Glenn said, they don't make the frames anymore. In the meantime, I have some BPS that are ok and some sent to me from Japan to try called Swann. Problem is that the Swann glasses are what's called an Asian fit (didn't know that term even existed) and they are a little small on my face for my liking. Expensive glasses but it's all in the fit. There are a lot of different shaped heads out there and you should try on any pair of glasses to plan to buy.

TOXIC

None of the Cocoons will fit me well so for that type I use Fitovers with Amber lenses for sight fishing and and Gray Lenses for other times fishing.

http://www.fitovers.com/

Latest posts

Back