What a first tourny

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Walls

Reaction score
All I can say is I hope it gets better! Sorry this is so long!

First tourny of the year and I am getting everything ready when I can't find my new rain suit ($400+) or any of my other rain suits. Call my wife who is at my daughter's volleyball tournament and she can't remember seeing it since she gave it to me for christmas. I do find my new pro Frogg Toggs and put them in the boat. When I get back to gettings things ready I notice one of my trailer tires is going flat. Well I change that out and know I have to travel an hour plus without a spare (cross your fingers everyone) Well finally get to bed and set the clock for 2:30am and go to sleep. I wake up (to answer natures call) at 4:45am! I jump up, throw on some clothes and run out the door to pick up my partner. Wondering why he hadn't called to see why I was late I called him. Seems he fell asleep in his living room waiting for me to wake him as I got there. I rush to pick him up and to the lake, a normal 1:20minute drive. We get there in 50 minutes just as the tourny is launching. We quickly launch and drive the lake to check in the with director and can't find him for a half hour. I finally call his wife at 6:30am, and a not so happy lady graciously gives me his cell number. I call him and we get together and get things done so we can fish. Well we go to our first spot and catch three nice keepers in a half hour. Maybe things are looking up! Not so! I begins to rain and I go to put on the new Toggs and they are very small! My partner laughs so hard I can't tell if he is crying or it is the rain. Says I look like a red 230 pound sausage! Well it pours all day and we catch nothing more. Go to weigh in and end up in the top ten, not bad considering. Walking back to the boat we notice that the spare is now half flat. I run to the gas station and fill it back up, looks ok. We drive the hour plus home at normal speeds and pull into the garage and the spare is again at half mast! I pull the tire and take the two bad eggs down to be repaired or replaced and no can do. Everything is closed, so I left the boat in the garage and there it sits until I can get the tires replaced.

I did just take a shower and feel much better now. I hope everyone elses time on the water this weekend went better than mine.

Randy

There is always one that goes like that. The good news is you now have it out of the way. Also you did get out and made it back safe.

Dan

Hey, you got 'er done with some bonus excitement. Sounds like an OK deal to me. Tires are easy to fix, no one got hurt, and you caught some fish.

Hey Randy, sounds like a great trip to me, especially since I"m on a different continent than my boat!.......ha ha ha. Top ten is a great finish after a day like that......big red sausage......aaahhh ha ha ha. Yeah, that's what partners are for, comic relief! (and you thought they were for catchin' fish). In a good ol' boy tourney that I fish every year, we have what we call the "Bent Hook Award". It's for the most comical event of the tourney, and always entices those great "partner" stories that would never come out, always great for some laughs. Tight lines to ya bro' and thanks for the story, I have to live vicariously through you guys till I can get back!

Jim

:lol::lol::lol::lol:Great story!! Sounds like every one of my tournaments though!! Once you get into a routine, they will get better. Good recovery in any case.

TOXIC

At least you made your tournament. 3 weeks ago I blew out a trailer tire and had no spare (got one now) and wound up missing take off because I was 40 miles from the nearest super wally-world.

As stated above, everyone has thier bad one durring the season, it's what keeps us all in balance.

Better luck next month.

Joe

Latest posts

Back