Were to fish this weekend in NH

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Duggan

Reaction score
So if you lived in NH, were would you fish Sat/Sun?

looking for new water and new fish to catch.

GregD

Hmmm - Knowing your favorite haunts, I'd bypass all of them and fish Jenness Pond in-between Bow and Northlake. Not alot of jet skiers and a good mix of smallies and largemouth.

I am fishing in NY otherwise I'd meet you! I still want to fish Sunapee with you at some point this year.

Bill, the MadKayaker

Decided to fish Cobbets Pond in Windham. It is very difficult to get access to this lake so when the offer came calling. I jumped on it.

maybe Jenness Pond Sunday and Bow Lake Monday.

Bill,

Good luck in NY. I will meet you anytime at Sunappee. Drop me a line when you want to go.

GregD

nice Greg - I had the gate key to the ramp near the beach for several years until they decided to get tougher and restrict access to that ramp to town residents only. That place had the toughest fighting smallies that I can remember!

Have fun! Bill, the MadKayaker

Hey Bill,

Had a great day on Cobbetts. Stopped counting after 20+ largies. nothing bigger than 2.5lbs. Haven't fished Cobbetts in 2 yrs so i wont complain.

How'd you make out in NY?

GregD.

Well guys n gals, being from NH, here are a couple places i'd recommend. First and foremost, Mirror Lake in Wolfeboro/moultonborough, not sure actually what town its in. Ya should have a 4X4 to launch but it has great potential. Wheres Jenness Pond? Not sure which pond that is. Its actually 3:20 AM on Sunday as i speak and we are having a small "FUN" tournament (2 boats) on Upper/Lower Suncook Lake in Alton. It too has a nice variety of LM/SM and i've caught 5Lb. LM's before in there. I had to replace the starting battery on my boat yesterday. Does anyone use just regular car batteries rather than "Marine" batteries? I decided to do just that, and got a battery with alot more cranking power than i had with my marine starting battery. I bought the adapter that bolts to the posts and converts to the threaded post. My battery has 875 and 700 amps respectively. Wanted to get the interstate battery but was a bit more than i wanted to spend. The battery i got was $77.00 (Everstart Maxx i think). Well, gotta get ready to rip some lips, HAGD and i'll post my results later. Would love to meet up with you guys sometime. I'm on vacation until the 13th. Let me know if you guys are going anywhere special around locally and maybe we can hook up. Jim

Good luck with the T. Have always heard good things abut Suncook. I looked up Mirror friday night, just didn't have enough time for to get there fish and get back for the 4th festivities. Was supposed to go to Newfound this AM, but i just rolled out of bed from last night small get together. 2 bottled of Don Eduardo later.....

Maybe fish Bow tonight. Not really into night fishing but with the heat they just might on fire when the sun goes down.

Happy $th everyone.

GregD

Heres the results of our small tourney. Very hard fishing. Started @ 5AM, never landed a keeper until 8:45AM. It was 1-5. 30 minutes later, my partner landed this beauty (4Lbs-5ozs)

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4073/4760831286_82983b5fe3_b.jpg

Not sure if the image will come up. If anyone wants to, please make it so the image is there. Thanx, Jim

Back