Way Off Topic

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilbert Scales2

Reaction score
Do any of you folks conceal carry a handgun??? If so, what do you carry??

Bubby:)

Greg, I hate it. Marginal quality, finicky about ammo, totally unfun to practice with.

But it conceals better than anything else I have tried.

Springfield XD40. PITA to conceal during the summer months. Dang near impossible. Winter is easy. Gotta find me a smaller weapon for the hotter months... but I'm hung up on the XD's. Might get a smaller version, still in .40 - maybe a 3" bbl.

All the best,

Glenn

KB,

I had a P-89DC a long while back. I think it is similar to the P-94, right?

All the best,

Glenn

Ahh... never mind. I just saw one. The magazines are the same, but I think that is about where the similarities end, looking at the pictures.

All the best,

Glenn

Rich thanks for the info am looking at new ones & guess I'll cross that one off my list :(

Greg, if I can figure ways to make it work, I'd stick with the S&W 642 full time. It's almost as light, costs only about $100 more, far higher quality, better reliability, better ammo selection. Just slightly less concealable than the Kel Tec.

I've been thinking about getting a permit. Maybe best to get one now, before the next election. Could be the last chance to ever get one.

Steve

Missouri just approved CCW a year ago (I think). My father-in-law and I will likely take the course and get our permits. If we do, my choice for hot weather will be our Walther PPK/S .380 (tiny, slim) or my Ruger SP101 .357 snub. The Walther drives tacks in accuracy but the .380 is a weak round compared to the .357.

For winter it will likely be my Beretta 96 Border Marshall in .40 cal.

I'd love to pick up a nice Kimber Ultra CDP II .45 (or similar).

S&W 500 Magnum with 2.75" barrel. Just kidding, but it would be a fearsome piece. Guy I work with is going tonight to look at one. I've still gotta get my permit. Just keep putting it off.When I get it I'll carry my Taurus PT-145.

Thanks everyone. I now carry the glock 26 w/ crimson trace laser. My 27 year old son is considering CC, with no handgun experience. I am not sure if he should get the glock, no manual safety. I appreciate your replies, lots of different weapons.

Bubby:)

Oooooo.... MOFish said "Kimber" .... Oooooo..... a chill just ran down my spine and I now am breaking out in a cold sweat. Ooooo Kimber, say it again..... Kimber..... Oooooo I get chills just thinkin' bout it. :lol::lol::lol:

Just wish the dang things didn't cost so much! :lol:

All the best,

Glenn

I don't, and won't carry while I'm in Maryland. But, if I go anywhere I'm going to carry illegally, or legally a 1911 Colt 45...

Trepper, what are you talking about?

Uncle Billy

I have a Kimber .45.....it's AWESOME!! I don't carry it, but it's a tack driver and one helluva piece!:wub:

Uncle Billy - You don't remember the old kids jokes about the Yellow River written by I P Freely, and the lopsided eunuch OneHungLow LOL!!

Uncle Billy... I am SO in agrement... .45ACP is THE fight stopper.

Uncle Billy - You don't remember the old kids jokes about the Yellow River written by I P Freely, and the lopsided eunuch OneHungLow LOL!!

I do now Michael!!!:lol: The instant I saw that I started thinking about someone on one of these boards who used that for a handle!

Uncle Billy

Latest posts

Back