Warranty Transfer and Coverage on NX750

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Jaquith

Reaction score
I am the second owner on a 02 Nitro NX 750 Boat. I recently had to transfer the warranty and attempt to get some warranty work done on the boat. Nitro came back and informed the dealer that warranty was not transferable and the repairs would not be covered under warranty. The boat is only a 1 1/2 old and has not been abused. At this point the transom is cracked where it attaches to the motor and there are stress crack in the splash-well. When I say cracks I mean the fiberglass has split apart not stress cracks. Also the bulheads are separating from the hull. Can someone let me know if they have expeienced anything like this before. I love my Nitro but the service I am getting right now is poor to be very polite about it. Someone please shed some light on this please. All and all the service experience has been a nightmare.

Thanks

QuinteBasser

Not a good story at all. Others can provide better information on transferring of warranty. It certainly seems as though the hull warranty should be transferrable, but then again, I don't know precisely what's is and isn't.

Tex

It cost a $100 bucks to transfer the warranty into your name. You send in the form with your check and then you are in the system. The only warranty still in affect is the Hull warranty. If you have the owners manual, read the warranty section carefully. Just went through this with my '00 185 Sport. Had to take the boat to Clinton, MO for warranty repair. It took 9 months and several letters and phone calls to get them to even look at my boat. Once you get Tracker and not BPS/Dealer looking at your boat, things go much smoother. The people I dealt with at the factory were great. They addressed all the issues and fixed the boat to like new. Start with calling Sandy in the Tracker Customer Service Center at (417)873-4555. If you run into trouble, contact your Insurance company and have them get a Marine Surveyor to look at your boat. He will make a report that can be used to pursuade them into looking at your boat. It won't be easy, but you can get Tracker to honor their warranty and fix your problem.

Bud

WOW, That suck's, did you buy at a Canadian dealer or private sale.

Latest posts

Back