Wanna do it again in 2005?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Staci Matheis

Reaction score
If so.....

I'll put it on.....

And Shirley has the weekend of May 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th open.....

It's up to all you!

You guys should come out west. If it's within a few hundred miles I might be able to join the fun. If not I'll watch it on the lake cam. lol Josh

Im thinkin up north in Michigan.....Traverse city maybe? Or maybe Detroit...or here in Grand Rapids?

T.S.

Well.....

There's just a bit of a catch, Gentlemen.....

If YOU suggest a place.....

YOU gotta be willing to put it on!

That put a stop to everybody suggesting a lake 20 miles from their house. ;>)

Harpo

I ain't suggesting anything near me!!LOL

I know if I did, my street would look like a used NITRO lot......and then there's the tin issue....What would the neighbors say?!?!?!

TOXIC

I'd love to attend another rally. The date for the last two years just wouldn't fit in my schedule. Maybe next year...

I have that 105 acre lake in Maryland that would,,,, Nahhh,

that wouldn't work..Then there's that river where evryone could, NAhhhhhh, no place to stay... Oh well, I'm out of it:)

Bill

I am home from three days on the water at Winneconne... GNWC Walleye Tourney and I gotta confess my hands were fishing in Wisconsin but my heart was on Kentucky Lake...

If I don't have a schedule conflict ( and I have no way of knowing ) I'll be ther in May 2005!!! This is getting to be a big deal and we owe Staci a lot of thanks and then Rich for being our foster parent all these years...

I thought the Michagan connection was going to try and put something together for next year on the great Lake St. Clair. I believe that the rally should be on a rotating schedule as we have members all over this great country. The problem lies in getting that one committed person like Staci to do the leg work as he has the last two years..

Buzz

Consistency is one of the key ingredients for Success in any reoccurring function. People like to know where they are going and what to expect when they get there. It's human nature! They feel "safe" that way.

Geographically, Kentucky Lake is right in the heart of our membership.

The Moors knows us; we know them. We can work together to make this annual event bigger and better every year! We learn from our successes and mistakes one year and move on to capitalize on them the next!

Look at the cake Debbie baked for us on Friday evening! That came as a total surprise even to me!

And then there is Shirley..... My gosh..... You folks have no idea how hard she worked to make our stay a memorable one.....

Those who were there will tell you..... For $12.18 per person, no other place I know of would have set up a dinner for us seperate from the restaraunt and in as perfect a spot as the Great Room in the Lodge! The BBQ was Dee-Lish-Ous!

We can still have "Mini Rallies" throughout the country - but let's keep "The Rally" in one spot!

The last two years, mid-April has given us a tough bite. The first weekend in May should give us perfect fishing conditions.

If we want THAT weekend - as does every other fisherman - we MUST ACT NOW.

That includes getting our deposits in. You've all seen, Shirley doesn't hold our deposits if someone has to back out. And those of you who were there know what she did for Ken Neeley. I'm a little sketchy on the exact details but, even though the place was full when he went to make a reservation, she got him the first place that openned up - a 4-bedroom cottage complete with fireplace for the price of a 2-bedroom down the street, at a different resort, some distance from the lake! (God Bless you, Shirley!)

I wanna go back and have a Real crappie fry!

Whadayasay?

Shall we "Git 'er done"?

me!

I offered to try and set up a fall rally in PA at Raystown lake, however the interest wasn't there. I think Staci does a great job at organizing this, so I will see you all in KY in May. It works out great that it is the weekend after my birthday, so shop early!! LOL.

Rich D

Sounds good to me....Iam in again!! Ir was nice putting a face with the name....I had a great time, what I can remember. LOL

Donnie

I really wanted to go this year and was supremely envious of those who did make it.

I agree with ME in that to make something truly successful, continuity is a must..

I also agree, sitting here on the sidelines to follow this years rally, that Staci did a yoewoman's job and the Moor's Resort went "above and beyond" in making everyone welcome, comfortable, and happy.

That being said, and if a vote of some kind is in order, I would like to travel to Kentucky Lake next year and finally meet some of you and had the good time that I've seen in this years reports and pictures.

If I still can't drive that far next year, I will beg, borrow or steal a ride with someone, BUT, I intend to do everything I can to be there.

Bill

I had the time this year, but not the funds. Next year, I'll probably have the funds and not the time! Murphy's law. I was considering hosting another next year, but if Staci is keeping it at Kentucky....hey, go for it. Plus, you guys probably don't want a RANGER OWNER hosting your Nitro/Tracker Rally....LOL. Wouldn't that be ironic! I'll stick with the small get togethers. Easier to coordinate.

Latest posts

Back