Virus warning

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim B

Reaction score
The significance of the date 9/11 means that many people around the world will be tempted to distribute and open anything related to the WTC tragedy. People who create viruses will and are exploiting this as a way to infect computers.

Dont open any emails that contain refrence to 9/11 or the WTC even from someone you know because it could be a virus. You may also want to make sure your virus scanner has the latest definitions downloaded.

There are already a few viruses that are using the 9/11 tragidy to infect computers. heres some of the email subject lines you may see,and im sure there will be more.

"It's Near 911!" may contain the W32/Neroma worm

"THE WAR HAS STARTED !" may contina the Bloodhound.W32 worm

"Time to 911!" may contain the W32/Neroma.b worm

Jim,

What is your source for these warnings.

I am not doubting there true, but I work as a LAN Administrator and am in charge of keeping abreast of virus warnings and I really have'nt heard of any warnings of these three worms. If you have a source I'd like to check it out.

Thanks,

Dave

OK did some reasearch and according to the Trend Micro site these are out there. The one with the subject "The War has Started" is actually the Vote.K worm.

These are considered low risk viruses and are covered under the latest virus definitions.

Update your definition files everyone!

And Thanks to Jim B. for the heads up.

Dave

Dave, im in the same field. My stuff comes from symantec's security response center. i look at this site daily. Heres a link

http://www.sarc.com

Latest posts

Back