Real Virus Warning

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
There has been a Microsoft and now a Gov't warning about computer vulnerablilities for people running Windows NT 4.0, Widows 2000 Pro and Server, XP, and Server 2003.

Here is a quote:

"WASHINGTON (AP) -- A virus-like infection that was the subject of urgent U.S. government and industry warnings spread rapidly Monday across the Internet, causing computers to mysteriously restart and coordinating an electronic attack against Microsoft Corp"

Consult your Antivirus vendor or use Windows Update or Manually consult www.microsoft.com

For more information you can read:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/internet/08/11/internet.attack.ap/index.html

PLease feel free to ask me any questions.

Greg Meyer

Senior Project Engineer

OnSite PC Repair

&

Senior Project Engineer

InfoStar International

Yes, this is a very serious threat. This virus is reaking havoc on many networks across the government. It is not only important to update you virus patterns it is also critical to patch the RPC vulnerability in WinNT, 2000, XP and 2003 server.

Major agencies (like the FAA) are scrambling to to get the patches on.

So far my network is 100% patched and virus free!(I've been patched for over 2 weeks when this vulnerability was discovered).

Dave Muniz

Network Administrator

Desktop/Lotus Notes/Domino.Doc Support

Technical Computer Data Center

William J. Hughes FAA Technical Center

Atlantic City, NJ.

As some of my techs are learning... The patch is no help if you have the virus... www.symantec.com has a removal tool... read and follow instructions found there.

Guys, my neighbor has this I think. He can connect to the internet thru dial-up, but gets kicked off after a minute or so and we get a message about RPC from NT Authority / System. Is this it?

What is it called and how can I get the fix from Microsoft on his computer?

Thanks

Bruce,

Go to www.symantec.com and obtain the removal tool for the LoveSan virus follow the instructions there.

Hey Guys--- We have been hit Here Our Help Desk is a ZOOOOOO.. The phones never stop--

For the most part-- Just load the patch -- reboot --- that has fixed all so far...

They tell me even if you clean your PC -- You can still get "IT" again without the patch..

Make sure you down load the correct patch from MS --W2kp -- XP-- NT4--etc.

Do a search on your hard drive for *.TFTP

If you have TFTP with numbers after it delate it --DO NOT delate TFTP.exe

This is not a virus as such-- but a security problem /worm.

There are alot of web servers down -- so your favorite web site may be down -- That goes for ISP sites also.

Good Luck --- HaleDamage

Found the fix and installed the patch from Microsoft, everything seems to be working.

Thanks guys! Had I not read this this morning I'd still be working on it.....

We dont have is yet here but we are working to get all out pc's updated. No fun, its sucked up my whole day. The big challenge is the 2000+ remote laptop users we have, we have no way to get to them via sms or login script norcan we depend on them to update themselves( they dont have rights anyway). got to love microsoft

Latest posts

Back