V18 Prop Questions

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Entrekin

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 2010 Tournement V18 with a 115 opti. Is anybody runninig this setup? I am wanting to make sure I get the right prop for it. I am currently running merc alum 13 x 19. The boat jumps on plane, seems very easy to trim prop out at full rpm and prop blows out in turns It runs 5400 rpms and 45mph with 1/2 tank gas ,2 people and medium load at wot and seems like I can not lift the front without blowing the prop out. I am thinking about getting a 19 or 20 pitch Laser 2. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Tim

tim,

i would give a 21" alu (for the cost factor)a try i'm not positive but i seem to remember this pkg being factory rigged w/ laser 21? but i'm not positve but a 21 alu would be cheap enough or more likely that someone has one you could try and see if it is helpful.

good luck Joe

I'd call your Tracker dealer, they should have the books with the recommended props for your rig. When I was looking for a prop ugrade I dropped into the Nashville area setup shop and they looked the numbers up for me for my 750DC, took them like 2 minutes.

I run a 20 laser stainless and couldn't be happier.

2005 TV18, 115 Opti.

Randy!

I would like to thank everyone for their replies. looks like I should try 20" Laser. Thanks again

Tim

This is just my opinion, but...

My V18 with a 150 runs a 23 inch 3-blade Black Max aluminum. It really should be running a 21-inch prop because the 23 tops out at 5200 rpms instead of the 5800 it should be turning.

I would think that on the 135 and 115 Opti's, a 20 inch (at most) would be the right choice given the weight of the motor.

Latest posts

Back