Update

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Spradley

Reaction score
Howdy ya'll. I put some pic's in the library. Laura is slowly getting better. (at least she is smiling more) She cannot have any food or drink by mouth. Not sure of the correct term, but this morning, they put camera down her throat and reported that it is not above her large intestine. While she was under they also installed a shunt in her main artery because the veins in her arms were starting to hide. They also started a new antibiotic called remicade, not sure what it is, but it is supposed to be one of the newest for colitis. They said it cost about $3000.00 per treatment. Thank God for insurance. Anyway, I would also like to mention that my other daughter Melissa has been a great help. She is 13, and since my wife has been gone, she has step up and started cleaning and doing laundry. Not sure what yet, but I need to do something special for her. Robert

What does your oldest daughter like. I can add something for her to our package. She have any favorite Music??

Thanks for the updates. We'll keep praying for you all.

John

My mother in-law was on remicade for rhumatoid arthritis via IV for about 6 months. It is a immune system suppresant. She had to be taken off and put in the hospital due to several other infections taking hold while the immune system was comprimised. So you might want to ask about that and only have your daughter around healthy people. Hope this info might be helpful. I wish you all the best, I'll have my boy say a prayer for her tonight. I think God hears the prayers of the little ones first. Jeff

Good to hear Robert,

I hope all goes well for your family. It's nice to see older one understanding her role in helping you guys get through this. I bet once this has passed all she will want is to spend some time with you...a little attention her way for awhile......or something with Britney Spears on it :)

Good Luck,

Pierre

You know, Robert..... I have never been in a situation where I have been "tested" to the extent that you and your family are being tested..... As I read your reports, I find myself wondering how I would handle it...... Would I have the strength of you, your wife and even that of two, little, 10 and 13 year old girls.....

Please, keep the progress reports coming.....

God bless,

me!

Rob--

That stuff is expensive but not that much a single dose vial costs me $550.00 or so...and yes you want to limit her exposure to germs and sick people

Still praying for her (and you to be able to take her out and catch the big KAHUNA)

It is wonderful when the siblings step up to help in times like these. Let her know the great job she is doing for the family. We're all hoping Laura will continue to improve. Keep us informed.

Bear