True WOT

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Orth

Reaction score
I have a traditional needle rpm gauge on my 170 TF. I am wondering how to determine my exact WOT rpm because I do not trust the accuracy of the gauge. Anyone know how to do this? Can a shop loan me an instrument to take out on the water? Is it something that can be done in the shop?

Looking into new props and I want to know if I have room to prop up or down slightly. My engine rpm max as reccomeded is 5250. I'd like to know how close I am to that.

Your shop should be able to test and adjust your tach so it measures accurately.

Look into a Tiny Tach. It is an hourmeter and a tachometer that wraps around a spark plug wire. I find it to be very accurate plus it keeps track of hours used on the motor. The standard version comes with a shorter cable that I just wrapped around my rear fishing seat pole. I ended up ordering one with a 15' cable so that I could mount it at the console. They are not very expensive and work well!

http://tinytach.com/gasoline.php
RH

Latest posts

Back