Trolling motor options

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Dallaire

Reaction score
So my new to me bass boat came rigged with a 45lb:blink: motorguide. I am strapped for cash with the new purchase but have a few options to play with.

Option A: Friend from hummingbird/minkotta has a demo unit 80lb maxxum pro us2 for 700 (canadian) and a fortrex 80lb us2 for 950.

Option B) used maxxum 7olb ( or 74lb) with us2 for 400

OptionC) A slighlty used motorguide 70lb that has a broken pin for 250? The pin that is broken is the one that holds the motor in the water while under power.

Anybody ever fix one of theese?

John

I have fixed the lockdown pin on a MG. It's simple, just pound it out and pound in a new one. Better question is how did it break. It takes a pretty goo whack to bust it....Don't ask me how I know. Bigger is always better with TM's. Get the biggest your pocketbokk will allow and you will never regret it.

TOXIC

If your current setup is a 12 volt system, you will also need another trolling battery, battery tray, wire upgrade if it's not 6 gauge wire (it's what i have seen as stock on 24v systems) and possibly a plug, depending on how you wire it.

Eric

Option D: (only works if the motor is 52" AND it has the BIG mount) - Buy the 80lb Pro US2 and ship to me, I remove my 80lb non pro non US2 and ship it to you with $200.

:)

Mini, you don't want universal sonar. They just don't pick up as much detail as having the ducer under the motor the old fashioned way. It eliminates the chance of a crimped/pinched wire, but I see better detail on boats that don't use it. Just my observation.

I wouldnt use the US2. I dont epoxy in transducers either.

Latest posts

Back