Trim Gauge Issue

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Lowe

Reaction score
I have a 1997 Merc 75 HP on my Nitro 700LX. The trim gauge works fine until after 4-6 hours of fishing then if you stop for a while to fish & get ready to go again, the trim gauge shows 0 tilt, even though you have not trimmed the motor down. But then the next time I go to the lake it again works fine for 4-6 hours & does the same thing. Any ideas?

I think Bob mentioned in another post do go by the trim gauge most of the time they are wrong or not calibrated correctly anyway. Trim it by feel, once your up and running on pad, just tap the trim button up until the steering wheel get real easy to turn, then you should be at the proper trim. I don't think I have looked at a trim gaguge but once since I bought my boat and that was the first trip out. The boat will tell you when you trimmed out right.

+1. The problem with gauges is that you have to look down to see when you should be paying attention to where you're going! It sounds like the sender is going out, poor wiring or the gauge itself. There is an ohms test for the sender. I would do without...:)

Thanks. This is the first boat that had a trim gauge on, the others had trim but no gauge. Just was wondering. I'll leave it alone.

Latest posts

Back