Transducer removal THRU THE HULL

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tornado

Reaction score
OK here we go, I have removed several of the old transducers from my Nitro. I've discovered that, except for the one I installed, they appear to have used bondo. Needless to say all of the good spots in the bilge area covered in the bondo. My question is does anyone have a easier way to remove the bondo, other that sanding, and that would be save on the glass bottom.

Thanks in advance.

If it is truly Bondo....no. Chances are it is old epoxy and you still have to sand and dig it off. It has to be clean and smooth before you put the next one on.

TOXIC

I know it usually is, but the texture and the looks of this it sure looks like bondo. I've always used epoxy but this just does not look like epoxy. Thanks for the reply, I think the solution is going to be the same I was just hoping against hope that there was some other method that was easier than standing on my head, sanding in a confined area wtth my backside elevated. At my age this is not a pretty picture. I am a charter member of the 'Gut and Butt' club.

Latest posts

Back