transducer relocation

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim P

Reaction score
What is the best way to remove a transducer once it has been mounted inside the hull. Once it is removed are you still able to remount it to a better location or is it ruined?

I am not getting a reading from my transducer so I have to re-mount it.

It depends on how well its glued down. I have been able to pop them off just by pulling on it with my hand. other times i have had to whack it with a hammer. if you have to remove it with force you will most likley ruin the transducer

I don't how it would turn out, but...I would try a heat (hot air) gun.

If the transducer is well away from the gas tank, wires and other flamables Heat will soften epoxy. (I have removed golf club heads with it.)After heating for short while try to break it loose. Use protection, the brass will get hot too.

Have a fire extinguisher handy just in case. The old epoxy will burn IF OVERHEATED.

Once again, {(I)} would try this under the above conditions.

Do so at your own risk.

I had to do this once... I used a Dremel to cut it out... no, it wasn't exactly in "working condition" when it came out.

So, my method might not meet your needs :)

Place the blade of a screw driver where the epoxied transducer meets the fibreglass and with a hammer give the screw driver a sharp hit. It may take several hits or a couple of different spots but it will pop off. If you have a rubber mallet, you can probably knock the transducer loose if you can get at it. Usually it takes a screw driver and hammer because it's buried.

Clean up the transducer and reset in new location.
http://www.imaginationbassin.com

Latest posts

Back